• Welcome Guest, The new Modme forums are here! Please visit here for all recommended information.

Help How to have custom playermodels?

Clippy95

Hello, i want to know how to get custom playermodels working? that are not from newer/ previous Call Of Duty games, I have the models.

Pepergogo

Are the models binded?
Hi, yeah I use custom models too, but they look a little weird and I don't know how to fix it
What I do is put a Black Ops 3 rig into my model, then bind the skin, but have this weird like broken look
I try different bind skin types, but still the same

Attachments

DTZxPorter

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Hi, yeah I use custom models too, but they look a little weird and I don't know how to fix it
What I do is put a Black Ops 3 rig into my model, then bind the skin, but have this weird like broken look
I try different bind skin types, but still the same
This is more an issue with your weights, they aren't binded properly which results in the deformations. You need to learn how to paint and adjust weights in Maya. The easiest way to test them before going into the game is to import an animation onto the rig in Maya to test it.

Pepergogo

This is more an issue with your weights, they aren't binded properly which results in the deformations. You need to learn how to paint and adjust weights in Maya. The easiest way to test them before going into the game is to import an animation onto the rig in Maya to test it.
Thanks lot! I'll try it asap
You're a real hero

DTZxPorter

Founder
Staff member
Founder
still looking for help.
If you want the simple way, you can find the name of the xmodel for each character using Wraith/Greyhound and then, rename your custom xmodels as the in-game ones, and add the names to the zone file.

Code:
xmodel,<name_found>
This will override the existing in-game model with yours if you name them the same...