• Welcome Guest, The new Modme forums are here! Please visit here for all recommended information.

Tutorial low gravity on/off script black ops 3

Hello i don't thinkl i've seen a tutorial on this so i thought id post one

This will enable low gravity and change the players jump height as seen in dlc 1 der Einsedrache bops 3

First we make two threads in our main function, see below

This will be in your map name GSC
Located in (Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_zomsinspace\scripts\zm)

scroll down to find these lines

function main()
{
zm_usermap::main();

level._zombie_custom_add_weapons =&custom_add_weapons;

//Setup the levels Zombie Zone Volumes
level.zones = [];
level.zone_manager_init_func =&usermap_test_zone_init;
init_zones[0] = "start_zone";
level thread zm_zonemgr::manage_zones( init_zones );

thread changegravityback(); <---------------------------------THIS IS ONE
thread changegravity(); <---------------------------------THIS IS TWO

level.pathdist_type = PATHDIST_ORIGINAL;

}

Paste the ( thread changegravityback(); and thread changegravity(); ) where i have

next we make a function for both at the bottom of our script / GSC file. see below

function changegravity() // function [name] ()
{
while(1)
{
trigster = GetEnt("low_gravity_on", "targetname"); //add a trigger, in script it's called trigster with this function, in Radiant, add a trigger_use called "change_it"
trigster SetHintString( "turn low gravity on" );
trigster waittill("trigger", player); //the next lines only activate when you activate the trigger
SetGravity( 100 ); // 100 is lowest i recommend 0 will make your player float
SetJumpHeight( 300 ); //set the playerjump height to 300

}
wait 1;
}

function changegravityback() // function [name] ()
{
while(1)
{
trigster = GetEnt("low_gravity_off", "targetname"); //add a trigger, in script it's called trigster with this function, in Radiant, add a trigger_use called "change_it"
trigster SetHintString( "turn low gravity off" );
trigster waittill("trigger", player); //the next lines only activate when you activate the trigger
SetGravity( 800 ); //800 is normal gravity/defualt can change this
SetJumpHeight( 50 ); //set the player jump jeight to 50 can change this

}
wait 1;
}

ok we are done with the GSC file now we make two triggers in radiant we make them a trigger_use trigger and give them target names

Target name 1////// low_gravity_on//////////
Target name 2///// low_gravity_off///////

if done correctly in-game you will go to the trigger it will say on the screen ("turn low gravity on") or ("turn low gravity off") depending on what triggers
you're looking at

Last edited:
you could make the triggers a trigger multiple and have it change the gravity when the players touch the trigger but you will need to remove these two
lines

you could also set up a timer for the gravity to turn on and a timer to turn off

function changegravity() // function [name] ()
{
while(1)
{
trigster = GetEnt("low_gravity_on", "targetname"); //add a trigger, in script it's called trigster with this function, in Radiant, add a trigger_use called "change_it"

wait 30; // wait 30 seconds to turn on gravity

SetGravity( 100 ); // 100 is lowest i recommend 0 will make your player float
SetJumpHeight( 300 ); //set the player jump height to 300

}
wait 1;
}

Spiki

There's 1 major flaw with this script and it's that this will set the gravity and jump height EVERYWHERE unlike in dlc1 where its only in 1 location

yes but you can set an off trigger around the on trigger so the moment the player touches the off trigger the gravity returns to normal but I'm sure there is a better of doing it

im learning XD

yes but you can set an off trigger around the on trigger so the moment the player touches the off trigger the gravity returns to normal but I'm sure there is a better of doing it

im learning XD

im learning XD
never mind i just realized how this could cause issues XD

I guess this would be used instead to acheive an accurate result
ZeroGravityVolumeOff( "area_four" );
ZeroGravityVolumeOn( "area_four" );

{
while(1)
{
trigster = GetEnt("low_gravity_off", "targetname"); //add a trigger, in script it's called trigster with this function, in Radiant, add a trigger_use called "change_it"

ZeroGravityVolumeOn( "area_four" ); // area four would be name of zone example (start_zone);

}
wait 1;
}

ima test this and see what happens

{
while(1)
{

ZeroGravityVolumeOn( "area_four" ); // area four would be name of zone example (start_zone);

}
wait 1;
}

ima test this and see what happens
Didn't work
obviously i need to do more research