• Welcome Guest, The new Modme forums are here! Please visit here for all recommended information.

My feedback

KINGSLAYER

Hey,

Thought I'd leave some feedback here seeing as no-one else has yet.

I feel like the Custom Zombies Community in Black Ops 3 had such a short life and it isn't that surprising when you put things into perspective considering how dead the scene is currently. Black Ops 3 is the latest Call of Duty title that has support for mods, If you compare the BO3 modding scene to the WAW scene going back a few years It's shocking how much things have changed and how many people just can't be bothered anymore due to a number of reasons.

I know that a lot of creators were annoyed with the lack of appreciation that they were being given when their assets were used in maps by people that would fail to credit them for their work, as well as people that would just expect things for free. I think some sort of feature on the site that could praise creators could help with this. And remind people when downloading assets that somebody's time and energy has gone into creating it. A good idea would be something similar to the system that Gamebanana have set up. I think this would definitely be worth looking into.

Another problem that I believe we need to shine a light on is all of the community made assets & tutorials are just scattered all over the internet, and there isn't one place that you can go to and find everything that you need. I believe this contributes massively to being one of the reasons why there have been less and less creators and the scene is dying. Baring this in mind I think It's going to be really hard to have the motivation to learn for new creators. Especially when most of the resources aren't available anymore due to dead download links and posts that have been lost forever. Although I do give props to the ModMe wiki for covering quite a lot of stuff.

A solution to this could be to create a thread similar to the old post reclaims one, and ask the community to upload any untouched releases for asset packs that were uploaded here in the past and credit the original creators. (Either with their consent or remove the files upon the creators request.) and then have them moved to the Releases section accordingly.

The actual sub forums are actually pretty decent. I think we do need some more specific subs though such as Models>Character Models, Models>Zombie Models, Models>Vehicles.. Just to keep things organised, easy to find and tidy. Same goes with the Releases section, I feel like having a release section just for Weapons alone would help seeing as most of the releases are weapon packs, as well as one for Perks, Powerups etc. Just so that you don't have to scroll through pages and pages to find something that you're looking for.

I think it would also help if ModMe could host the files so that they don't get lost again, Understandably one of the problems with this idea is that hosting the files would cost money. But one advantage of this would be more site traffic due to the number of visitors, which would inevitably lead to more donations to help with the costs. I do understand that there is already a download section but I think it needs to be encouraged to be used when posting a release in the forums. It looks like that hasn't yet been implemented as there is hardly anything on there. I think this would lead to the files surviving and no more dead links.

Once upon a time ModMe was the #1 place for Community made assets and tutorials.. Since I decided to check back in 2019 and start getting back into Mod tools again I've noticed that there has been less and less activity on the site, I obviously understand the complications with moving the forums to a different host and completely remaking the site, of course we're going to lose things but it just seems like ModMe never picked back up after the transition which is a real shame considering how good the forums used to be. and I think addressing these issues could potentially help.

One more thing to add, I think that the Wiki link is out of place in the forums section, and I feel like it would be more at home at the top of the site.. next to the Forums, Discord, Modding links etc, and It'd be easier to find, as well as having access to it when you're visiting any page on the site which would be very useful. Especially when it comes to referencing from it.

I believe if we all come together we can make it happen and ModMe can thrive once again. After all, with a founder like Porter that has brought tools like Wraith to our disposal we've definitely got some hope. :D

Last edited:

Spiki

In addition to this many of us are pissed that streamers make multiple $100 off our maps and don't give anything back.
My maps are by no means masterpieces. Well they're among the top 5% of the best maps on the workshop but due to the fact that the other 95% are box maps, that means nothing. Madgaz's maps are masterpieces but I digress.
You may argue that people come to see the streamer not the map which is technically right but so many streamers depend on us to make content. I mean they could be making videos about something else but streaming maps is just so much easier and costs 0$ and 2 hours of their time, in which they're having fun anyway. Also many times they'll start the video with a: "so many of you sent me this map"..., basically saying the viewers want to see the map get played. Let's not forget Spuddley. His channel is literally built off our maps. I don't mind smaller streamers trying to get their channels going. I respect a person with little views/knowledge about a subject trying to make it. I will help them if I know how and have the time (or in this case wouldn't mind them streaming my map free). I know how it is to start in a new field. Hell when I started modding when the mod tools came out I didn't know jack shit about this stuff, but with the help of this community I learned how to make somewhat respectable content.
From now on my maps will have so many boobs in them the videos won't last 5 mins on youtube/twitch. Modern problems, modern solutions.

TL;DR
I don't mind my maps being free. I make them because I like mapping/modding but it's bullshit that streamers make $1000 off a 2 hour stream while I spend 3 monts- a year making the fucking map, and not giving anything back. I'm talking about the regular streamers not if some random (zombies) youtuber streams it randomly.

PS: i wanted lex to play blood run for the meme, ignore him

I'm extra pissed off cuz adria airways went bankrupt and i didnt get paid ffs

KINGSLAYER

In addition to this many of us are pissed that streamers make multiple off our maps and don't give anything back.
My maps are by no means masterpieces. Well they're among the top 5% of the best maps on the workshop but due to the fact that the other 95% are box maps, that means nothing. Madgaz's maps are masterpieces but I digress.
You may argue that people come to see the streamer not the map which is technically right but so many streamers depend on us to make content. I mean they could be making videos about something else but streaming maps is just so much easier and costs and 2 hours of their time, in which they're having fun anyway. Also many times they'll start the video with a: "so many of you sent me this map"..., basically saying the viewers want to see the map get played. Let's not forget Spuddley. His channel is literally built off our maps. I don't mind smaller streamers trying to get their channels going. I respect a person with little views/knowledge about a subject trying to make it. I will help them if I know how and have the time (or in this case wouldn't mind them streaming my map free). I know how it is to start in a new field. Hell when I started modding when the mod tools came out I didn't know jack shit about this stuff, but with the help of this community I learned how to make somewhat respectable content.
From now on my maps will have so many boobs in them the videos won't last 5 mins on youtube/twitch. Modern problems, modern solutions.

TL;DR
I don't mind my maps being free. I make them because I like mapping/modding but it's bullshit that streamers make off a 2 hour stream while I spend 3 monts- a year making the fucking map, and not giving anything back. I'm talking about the regular streamers not if some random (zombies) youtuber streams it randomly.

PS: i wanted lex to play blood run for the meme, ignore him

I'm extra pissed off cuz adria airways went bankrupt and i didnt get paid ffs
Yeah that's kind of a sticky situation that most people are in that create maps. I guess the only counter-play to this like you said would be to introduce things that stop people from streaming them on platforms such as YouTube and Twitch. If you really wanted to go the extra length to prevent it you could possibly add a lot of copyrighted materials and hopefully that should keep them away because they definitely don't want to stream anything that will de-monetize their videos because that's all that matters to them lol. Maybe boobs are a bad idea for the younger audience that just wants to play the map and have a fun time lol. Bet that would be quite a shock :LOL::ROFLMAO:

And yeah that sucks man I've been seeing this on the news more and more recently. I hope you're able to manage, and hopefully get back on your feet. Best wishes man.