• Welcome Guest, The new Modme forums are here! Please visit here for all recommended information.

OBJ TO COD MAP CONVERTER! *RELEASE*

ModmeBot

Reply By: mikey
Ville88
It Not work for me. i'm use "Husky.0.6.0.0" for export .obji tried (Obj2Map1.02) converted .obj from cod4 and cod5, not work
You have to remove all materials, double verts, normals etc.

ModmeBot

Reply By: crazyeagle
mikey
Got this beauty in the mail "Dear Mr. Smith: We are counsel for Activision Blizzard, Inc. and its affiliates (“Activision Blizzard”). Activision Blizzard is the publisher of, and owner of the intellectual property rights in and to, several popular video games. These include, but are not limited to, the Call of Duty series of video games. It has come to our attention that you are engaged in numerous unlawful and malicious acts in violation of Activision Blizzard’s rights. Specifically, we understand that you, via the website URLs https://mappersunited.com/index.php?/topic/2120-afirsttimemapmakers-wips/ and https://drive.google.com/file/d/18oqTMFLkfvkObaaYVY2y6vlFqy3amEZe/view, are advertising and distributing software programs, such as a “map decompiler,” that are designed to extract assets from Activision Blizzard games, including, without limitation, the Call of Duty series. Mr. Smith, as you surely know, these activities are unlawful and violate Activision Blizzard’s rights under United States law, including the anti-circumvention provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 1201 et seq., and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, 18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq. Your conduct also violates the end-user license agreements that you entered into with Activision Blizzard, and may further constitute copyright infringement. Activision Blizzard takes these matters extremely seriously. As you must be aware, Mr. Smith, your activities have caused and are continuing to cause serious injury to the value and integrity of our client’s products and services. Accordingly, demand hereby is made that you immediately cease and desist from any and all of the foregoing activity, as well as any other unauthorized activities in which you may be partaking in connection with any of Activision Blizzard’s games or services. Furthermore, demand hereby is made that you identify the amount of all profits generated in connection with the foregoing activity, as well as any other activity through which you may have exploited Activision Blizzard’s intellectual property (including, without limitation, the Call of Duty series of games) without authorization. Please confirm, in writing, on or before the close of business on April 1, 2019, that you will comply with these demands. Mr. Smith, please be advised that while our client wishes to resolve this dispute informally, Activision Blizzard is prepared to vigorously enforce its rights. Nothing contained in this letter is intended to, nor shall it, constitute a waiver or relinquishment of any rights, claims, defenses, or causes of action possessed by Activision Blizzard, or its licensors, all of which expressly are reserved." I basically told them its a OBJ to Map converter and I have removed all .map files associated with the program, so now its just the exe. I am still working on the program, its open source so, if people want, download the source code, fork it etc. Thanks!
They are annoying.... However, since the program is released without "Activision Blizzard" contents, you are free to continue !

ModmeBot

Reply By: mikey
They think that the program itself is a map decompiler, I even called the fuc#king lawyer and he couldn't grasp his head around the fact that all it is, is a file converter, it converts a OBJ (open source format) to a COD Map file format (based on the QUAKE 3 map file format)

They want me to remove all traces of the program, which I refuse to do and the lawyer is going to send me a "written response"

I am not backing down on this.

ModmeBot

Reply By: Frosty
it just creates an empty folder named data with nothing in it. Is this normal? do i need to keep trying?

or if i use it from the zip(like you said to do), it does nothing

ModmeBot

Reply By: BunkerBaerIGER
Frosty
it just creates an empty folder named data with nothing in it. Is this normal? do i need to keep trying? or if i use it from the zip(like you said to do), it does nothing
same here. Can you fix it?

ModmeBot

Reply By: Leftover_Enchilada
Your tool constantly crashes even when I try every possible solution...

ModmeBot

Reply By: mathfag
This is how i got this to work using Autodesk 3ds Max 2017. I also changed Obj2Map1.02 compatibility to Windows 7 (am on win10).

import obj via the import option. Check import as single mesh, retriangulate polygons
leave all the materials checked
uncheck import materials

Then export as obj and uncheck everything except Flip YZ-axis

then put the obj in the map converter

GotAnyNines

Reply By: mathfag
This is how i got this to work using Autodesk 3ds Max 2017. I also changed Obj2Map1.02 compatibility to Windows 7 (am on win10).

import obj via the import option. Check import as single mesh, retriangulate polygons
leave all the materials checked
uncheck import materials

Then export as obj and uncheck everything except Flip YZ-axis

then put the obj in the map converter
This does work, but it’s not perfect. Just missing a whole bunch of patches. I'd just stick with working over a husky model.