• Welcome Guest, The new Modme forums are here! Please visit here for all recommended information.

Work In Progress Porting the First Blade into bo3

Cdub7304

I'm porting the first blade from the show Supernatural into my map as a melee weapon to do so can I just copy the Bowie knife asset and ape and place it in my custom gdts and then overwrite the information with my first Blade model or should I set it up as a new asset as a melee asset also can I use the animations from the Bowie knife there are approximately the same size and shape? Once I have it ported in and working I will upload it here for anyone to use I don't really care about getting credit for it since I'll need help getting it in anyway yours to use however you wish.
I am trying to add my own textures since the file had none. The UV map projection may be problem so many faces. Will upload pic of that when I have them.Render.JPG

Downloaded of Original file:
Supernatural first blade by Gingerdude is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
This file is not my own i found it on myminifactory but i love the show and this site so i wanted to share
278a872566d2736622826858cad61334_preview_featured.JPG

Last edited:

RaGe-74

Undead member
I'm porting the first blade from the show Supernatural into my map as a melee weapon to do so can I just copy the Bowie knife asset and ape and place it in my custom gdts and then overwrite the information with my first Blade model or should I set it up as a new asset as a melee asset also can I use the animations from the Bowie knife there are approximately the same size and shape? Once I have it ported in and working I will upload it here for anyone to use I don't really care about getting credit for it since I'll need help getting it in anyway yours to use however you wish.
I am trying to add my own textures since the file had none. The UV map projection may be problem so many faces. Will upload pic of that when I have them.View attachment 366

Downloaded of Original file:
Supernatural first blade by Gingerdude is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
This file is not my own i found it on myminifactory but i love the show and this site so i wanted to share
View attachment 364
cool. Might skin this myself. Easy done ;). I've never ported a weapon in, but the modelling\skinning\uv's..I can do that. I have a hi-res image of the knife too, so it should look pretty sweet.

Last edited:

RaGe-74

Undead member
cool. Might skin this myself. Easy done ;). I've never ported a weapon in, but the modelling\skinning\uv's..I can do that. I have a hi-res image of the knife too, so it should look pretty sweet.
Ok, I've gone to do this..and man..this mesh is a mess. I can only think that it's been scanned with some sort of photogrammetry or a 3d printer\scanner. Too many polygons\tris to make it a workable model. I'll see what I can find