• Welcome Guest, The new Modme forums are here! Please visit here for all recommended information.

Help Replace texture or remove brush on damage

Kenny

Hey hey,

What I'm trying to do is to have a brush and when someone shoots it the brush gets replaced with a another texture or it just disappears and reveals a different texture behind it.
I'm not so good at gsc scripting and i tried to put together a script with the help of other scripts but nothing seems to work for me.

What would be the correct way to do this?

Here is what i have yet.
This is supposed to remove the brush when it receives damage but like i said i'm not good at gsc scripting so please dont judge me if this makes no sense:

C:
function removeBrush_init(){
        trig1 = GetEnt("brush1", "targetname");
        trig2 = GetEnt("brush2", "targetname");
        trig1 thread removeBrush();
        trig2 thread removeBrush();
}
function removeBrush(){
        self waittill( "damage" );
        self delete();
}
I'm not even enitrely sure if the trigger has to be a trigger_damage or something else so if anyone can please help me with this i would really appreciate it!
Thank you!

Magicman

Undead member
Hey hey,

What I'm trying to do is to have a brush and when someone shoots it the brush gets replaced with a another texture or it just disappears and reveals a different texture behind it.
I'm not so good at gsc scripting and i tried to put together a script with the help of other scripts but nothing seems to work for me.

What would be the correct way to do this?

Here is what i have yet.
This is supposed to remove the brush when it receives damage but like i said i'm not good at gsc scripting so please dont judge me if this makes no sense:

C:
function removeBrush_init(){
        trig1 = GetEnt("brush1", "targetname");
        trig2 = GetEnt("brush2", "targetname");
        trig1 thread removeBrush();
        trig2 thread removeBrush();
}
function removeBrush(){
        self waittill( "damage" );
        self delete();
}
I'm not even enitrely sure if the trigger has to be a trigger_damage or something else so if anyone can please help me with this i would really appreciate it!
Thank you!
a trigger_damage needs to be used