• Welcome Guest, The new Modme forums are here! Please visit here for all recommended information.

Info Requesting a game modding subforum

DTZxPorter

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Welcome to Modme!

Previously we focused heavily on modding Call of Duty, but with the gaming communities interests shifting, we have decided to open up the forums for all game research and discussion revolving modding. As such, this thread will serve as a way for you to request a subform for a particular game. As long as the game has enough content backing it, we will create the subform and promote moderators for the content specific to that forum.

Thanks and happy modding! :cool:

Wild

Supporter
It would be cool to see subforms for Valve's Source games like CS:GO, L4D2, etc..., or even other popular Source games like Garry's Mod. As you mention, expanding Modme from a "Call of Duty Modding Site" to, in general, a "Game Modding Site" would be incredible. The reason I mention those Source games is because there are already large modding communities behind those title, but where they go to interact is kind of scattered. Source modders chat on Reddit, Steam's Forums, Face Punch, Game Banana, and many other random sites. Of course there are some large sites already, but it would still be nice for them all to have one central hub to visit for modding purposes. All Source games would be in one location, rather than having to go to different sites for each title. It would also allow the CoD and Source modding communities to discover each other, which could potentially grow both communities. I personally mod on both CoD and Source games and I am sure other Modme users do as well, so it would be awesome to bring the communities together all in one place here on Modme.

DTZxPorter

Founder
Staff member
Founder
It would be cool to see subforms for Valve's Source games like CS:GO, L4D2, etc..., or even other popular Source games like Garry's Mod. As you mention, expanding Modme from a "Call of Duty Modding Site" to, in general, a "Game Modding Site" would be incredible. The reason I mention those Source games is because there are already large modding communities behind those title, but where they go to interact is kind of scattered. Source modders chat on Reddit, Steam's Forums, Face Punch, Game Banana, and many other random sites. Of course there are some large sites already, but it would still be nice for them all to have one central hub to visit for modding purposes. All Source games would be in one location, rather than having to go to different sites for each title. It would also allow the CoD and Source modding communities to discover each other, which could potentially grow both communities. I personally mod on both CoD and Source games and I am sure other Modme users do as well, so it would be awesome to bring the communities together all in one place here on Modme.
I think the biggest challenge would be getting members over to Modme, I know facepunch is going downhill with their forums lately, we'd also need content and resources that relate to Source engine games to provide a reason for people to visit.

Wild

Supporter
I think the biggest challenge would be getting members over to Modme, I know facepunch is going downhill with their forums lately, we'd also need content and resources that relate to Source engine games to provide a reason for people to visit.
So if I spend the next month or so working on creating some basic Hammer tutorials, and also creating a WIP for some of my Source maps, would that be enough to start a Source subforum? Then I could ask some Source modders to check out the site. Like, what kind of stuff are you looking to already have established before creating new subforums?

DTZxPorter

Founder
Staff member
Founder
So if I spend the next month or so working on creating some basic Hammer tutorials, and also creating a WIP for some of my Source maps, would that be enough to start a Source subforum? Then I could ask some Source modders to check out the site. Like, what kind of stuff are you looking to already have established before creating new subforums?
Sure, that would do it.