Modme Forums

zero gravity?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Ahmed02354
How do I make a zero gravity thing like Der Eisendrache?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

Ahmed02354
How do I make a zero gravity thing like Der Eisendrache?

Let's change this up a bit from now on;)

I do know how to change the gravity (not when you are in a certain area tho, not yet).
But try to make it on your own, post the script that you made and i / someone will edit it. ;)

( Use "player SetPlayerGravity(100);"
Normal gravity is 800, if you go higher, you'll have higher gravity, if you go lower, you'll have lower gravity. But don't put it at 0, i couldn't jump then xD)

You think you can do it? :p

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ahmed02354

soul-toktzt
Ahmed02354 How do I make a zero gravity thing like Der Eisendrache? Let's change this up a bit from now on;) I do know how to change the gravity (not when you are in a certain area tho, not yet). But try to make it on your own, post the script that you made and i / someone will edit it. ;) ( Use "player SetPlayerGravity(100);" Normal gravity is 800, if you go higher, you'll have higher gravity, if you go lower, you'll have lower gravity. But don't put it at 0, i couldn't jump then xD) You think you can do it? :p

I think I can't because i've never done scripting in my life, Even if I look into my script folder I dont know what all that means, Even the tutorial on how to script I dont get,
See english is my third language so I dont understand everything whats up there, and scripting is a whole other language LOL

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

Ahmed02354
soul-toktzt Ahmed02354 How do I make a zero gravity thing like Der Eisendrache? Let's change this up a bit from now on;) I do know how to change the gravity (not when you are in a certain area tho, not yet). But try to make it on your own, post the script that you made and i / someone will edit it. ;) ( Use "player SetPlayerGravity(100);" Normal gravity is 800, if you go higher, you'll have higher gravity, if you go lower, you'll have lower gravity. But don't put it at 0, i couldn't jump then xD) You think you can do it? :p I think I can't because i've never done scripting in my life, Even if I look into my script folder I dont know what all that means, Even the tutorial on how to script I dont get, See english is my third language so I dont understand everything whats up there, and scripting is a whole other language LOL

This is to change the gravity with a trigger, but i don't know how to have it only in a certain zone, trying to figure it out.
Add this to the GSC.
function changegravity()                                           // function [name] ()
{
trigster = GetEnt("change_it", "targetname");            //add a trigger, in script it's called trigster with this function, in Radiant, add a trigger_use called "change_it"
trigster SetHintString("ON");                                  //this is to make the message "ON" appear while you're at the trigger
trigster waittill("trigger", player);                          //the next lines only activate when you activate the trigger
player SetPlayerGravity(100);                           //set the player gravity to 100
trigster Delete();                                          //delete the trigger so you don't see the trigger / message anymore. You can also use Hide();
}
Also in function Main() add:

thread changegravity();

I am kinda inexperienced in scripting too, so don't expect it's perfect :p

Edit: I'm kinda curious now, do we need to use

ZeroGravityVolumeOn([volume_name]);
? If so, i've been trying to use it, but it won't work.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ahmed02354

soul-toktzt
Ahmed02354 soul-toktzt Ahmed02354 How do I make a zero gravity thing like Der Eisendrache? Let's change this up a bit from now on;) I do know how to change the gravity (not when you are in a certain area tho, not yet). But try to make it on your own, post the script that you made and i / someone will edit it. ;) ( Use "player SetPlayerGravity(100);" Normal gravity is 800, if you go higher, you'll have higher gravity, if you go lower, you'll have lower gravity. But don't put it at 0, i couldn't jump then xD) You think you can do it? :p I think I can't because i've never done scripting in my life, Even if I look into my script folder I dont know what all that means, Even the tutorial on how to script I dont get, See english is my third language so I dont understand everything whats up there, and scripting is a whole other language LOL This is to change the gravity with a trigger, but i don't know how to have it only in a certain zone, trying to figure it out. Add this to the GSC. function changegravity() // function [name] () { trigster = GetEnt("change_it", "targetname"); //add a trigger, in script it's called trigster with this function, in Radiant, add a trigger_use called "change_it" trigster SetHintString("ON"); //this is to make the message "ON" appear while you're at the trigger trigster waittill("trigger", player); //the next lines only activate when you activate the trigger player SetPlayerGravity(100); //set the player gravity to 100 trigster Delete(); //delete the trigger so you don't see the trigger / message anymore. You can also use Hide(); } Also in function Main() add: thread changegravity(); I am kinda inexperienced in scripting too, so don't expect it's perfect :p Edit: I'm kinda curious now, do we need to use ZeroGravityVolumeOn([volume_name]); ? If so, i've been trying to use it, but it won't work.

I wish I could help, but i more curious than you LOL