Modme Forums

Looping Sound On Boss Until It’s Death

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: MJPW
Hi there! Im working on a boss that has a looping sound on him but Im needing the sound to continue to loop and stay on him and to go away after he is killed.

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome :)

Thank you

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

MJPW
Hi there! Im working on a boss that has a looping sound on him but Im needing the sound to continue to loop and stay on him and to go away after he is killed. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome :) Thank you

Have you triedPlayLoopSound andStopLoopSound? you just have to put those in a while and have then have them endon "boss_death" or something, and then make sure to put a "boss_death" notify where he dies in script.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MJPW

Abnormal202
MJPW Hi there! Im working on a boss that has a looping sound on him but Im needing the sound to continue to loop and stay on him and to go away after he is killed. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome :) Thank you Have you tried PlayLoopSound and StopLoopSound? you just have to put those in a while and have then have them endon "boss_death" or something, and then make sure to put a "boss_death" notify where he dies in script.

Okay I tried something but got a Fatal Error. I should also mention Im using NSZ Brutus as the backbone of this boss.

"<em>Unresolved external "playloopsound" with 1 parameters</em>"

Here's what I tried (spoiler alert on what boss Im working on lol)

This is included into the <em>spawn_brutus</em> function

while(1)
{
 PlayLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" );
}

And this into the <em>new_death </em>function
while(1)
{
 StopLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" );
}

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

MJPW
Abnormal202 MJPW Hi there! Im working on a boss that has a looping sound on him but Im needing the sound to continue to loop and stay on him and to go away after he is killed. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome :) Thank you Have you tried PlayLoopSound and StopLoopSound? you just have to put those in a while and have then have them endon "boss_death" or something, and then make sure to put a "boss_death" notify where he dies in script. Okay I tried something but got a Fatal Error. I should also mention Im using NSZ Brutus as the backbone of this boss. "Unresolved external "playloopsound" with 1 parameters" Here's what I tried (spoiler alert on what boss Im working on lol) This is included into the spawn_brutus function while(1) { PlayLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" ); } And this into the new_death function while(1) { StopLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" ); }

I think you have to do it like this:
trigger_name waittil ("trigger", player);
while(1)
{
 Player PlayLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" );
}
Or something similar to this.
Never edited the Brutus script, so i would make a new function with a trigger and put the trigger around the whole boss fight area.

But i think you need "Player" before "PlayLoopSound".

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
MJPW Abnormal202 MJPW Hi there! Im working on a boss that has a looping sound on him but Im needing the sound to continue to loop and stay on him and to go away after he is killed. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome :) Thank you Have you tried PlayLoopSound and StopLoopSound? you just have to put those in a while and have then have them endon "boss_death" or something, and then make sure to put a "boss_death" notify where he dies in script. Okay I tried something but got a Fatal Error. I should also mention Im using NSZ Brutus as the backbone of this boss. "Unresolved external "playloopsound" with 1 parameters" Here's what I tried (spoiler alert on what boss Im working on lol) This is included into the spawn_brutus function while(1) { PlayLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" ); } And this into the new_death function while(1) { StopLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" ); } I think you have to do it like this: trigger_name waittil ("trigger", player); while(1) { Player PlayLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" ); } Or something similar to this. Never edited the Brutus script, so i would make a new function with a trigger and put the trigger around the whole boss fight area. But i think you need "Player" before "PlayLoopSound".

I could try this but it probably wont sound right because it's a looping saw sound that needs to be connected to him and so when he's making his way toward you, you can softly hear the saw coming closer and closer.

Here's a clip of him so far

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

MJPW
soul-toktzt MJPW Abnormal202 MJPW Hi there! Im working on a boss that has a looping sound on him but Im needing the sound to continue to loop and stay on him and to go away after he is killed. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome :) Thank you Have you tried PlayLoopSound and StopLoopSound? you just have to put those in a while and have then have them endon "boss_death" or something, and then make sure to put a "boss_death" notify where he dies in script. Okay I tried something but got a Fatal Error. I should also mention Im using NSZ Brutus as the backbone of this boss. "Unresolved external "playloopsound" with 1 parameters" Here's what I tried (spoiler alert on what boss Im working on lol) This is included into the spawn_brutus function while(1) { PlayLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" ); } And this into the new_death function while(1) { StopLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" ); } I think you have to do it like this: trigger_name waittil ("trigger", player); while(1) { Player PlayLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" ); } Or something similar to this. Never edited the Brutus script, so i would make a new function with a trigger and put the trigger around the whole boss fight area. But i think you need "Player" before "PlayLoopSound". I could try this but it probably wont sound right because it's a looping saw sound that needs to be connected to him and so when he's making his way toward you, you can softly hear the saw coming closer and closer. Here's a clip of him so far

Hmmmmm, maybe you can get the name of the boss instead of "player"?
Not sure if it's going to work, never tried it and i don't know alot of scripting.

trigger_name waittil ("trigger", BOSS_NAME);
while(1)
{
 BOSS_NAME PlayLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" );
}

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
yeah you'll need to loop the sound on the boss, not the player. Also make sure the sound is a 3D sound in your alias, so it will sound louder when he gets closer.

ModmeBot:

Okay with your help I've made a working solution.

In the <em>spawn_brutus</em> function I put

brutus PlayLoopSound( "slasher_saw_loop" );

And it works! I didnt add in the Stop piece because it goes away on its own but it could be that when the boss is killed I animated his body to go far under the map because the original Brutus' body stays dead on the ground but it doesnt look right with the Slasher boss with the way I have the anims set.