Modme Forums

volume zone not working?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Ahmed02354
so I have 2 zones and when i enter the second zone i get the samantha laughing eveything is scripted correct... There is no door to unlock it is just a simple open map where I make different zones...
The zones are touching each other, other zones do work but those have buyable doors..
Is it mandatory to have a door to have a zone work?

- scripting is also fine...

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy

Ahmed02354
so I have 2 zones and when i enter the second zone i get the samantha laughing eveything is scripted correct... There is no door to unlock it is just a simple open map where I make different zones... The zones are touching each other, other zones do work but those have buyable doors.. Is it mandatory to have a door to have a zone work? - scripting is also fine...

There has to be a script flag or you could activate the zone by touch

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ahmed02354

itznvy
Ahmed02354 so I have 2 zones and when i enter the second zone i get the samantha laughing eveything is scripted correct... There is no door to unlock it is just a simple open map where I make different zones... The zones are touching each other, other zones do work but those have buyable doors.. Is it mandatory to have a door to have a zone work? - scripting is also fine... There has to be a script flag or you could activate the zone by touch

What do you mean by touching?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy

ModmeBot:

mathfag
give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy

yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

Ahmed02354
mathfag give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean

The zombie-spawner locations are the target, targetname is the name of the zone itself.

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
Ahmed02354 mathfag give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean The zombie-spawner locations are the target, targetname is the name of the zone itself.

hmm this could actually be the reason i will come back to this once I made the target

ModmeBot:

Ahmed02354
soul-toktzt Ahmed02354 mathfag give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean The zombie-spawner locations are the target, targetname is the name of the zone itself. hmm this could actually be the reason i will come back to this once I made the target

The reason you die is because you didn't add a trigger_multiple with the flag in it.

Behind script_flag_set_on_touching, put there the flag in (enter_.........).
And put that trigger at every place where you can reach the next zone.

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
Ahmed02354 soul-toktzt Ahmed02354 mathfag give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean The zombie-spawner locations are the target, targetname is the name of the zone itself. hmm this could actually be the reason i will come back to this once I made the target The reason you die is because you didn't add a trigger_multiple with the flag in it. Behind script_flag_set_on_touching, put there the flag in (enter_.........). And put that trigger at every place where you can reach the next zone.

can you explain further how to do this im a big noob

ModmeBot:

Ahmed02354
soul-toktzt Ahmed02354 soul-toktzt Ahmed02354 mathfag give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean The zombie-spawner locations are the target, targetname is the name of the zone itself. hmm this could actually be the reason i will come back to this once I made the target The reason you die is because you didn't add a trigger_multiple with the flag in it. Behind script_flag_set_on_touching, put there the flag in (enter_.........). And put that trigger at every place where you can reach the next zone. can you explain further how to do this im a big noob

Entity browser --> trigger --> multiple
Click & Hold it, move to the screen and release.
Put the flag where it's marked (click on trigger_multiple on my previous comment).

The flag is "enter_ZONE NAME"

If you haven't done it already, in your MAPNAME.gsc, find the function:

function usermap_test_zone_init()
{
	level flag::init( "always_on" );
	level flag::set( "always_on" );
}	

and put
zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone", "SECOND ZONE NAME", "enter_SECOND ZONE NAME");

above "level flag::init("always_on");

(everything that's in caps do you have to change to the name you got.)

Edit: i assumed your first zone is called "start_zone", if not, change that too.

ModmeBot:

Ahmed02354
mathfag give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean

then make the big zone and make smaller zones in the big zone with different targetnames and link the spawners to them

ModmeBot:

mathfag
Ahmed02354 mathfag give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean then make the big zone and make smaller zones in the big zone with different targetnames and link the spawners to them

See this is what I have;

//VOLUME
function usermap_test_zone_init()
{
zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone","test_zone","enter_test_zone");
zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone","power_zone","enter_power_zone");
zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","village_zone","enter_village_zone");
zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","restaurant_zone","enter_restaurant_zone");

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^ these zones work but the zones underneath dont work, also the zones up ^^ have doors triggered the zone... The zones underneath dont have triggers I dont know if that is the reason, only a volume with the targetname same as the name_zone

zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","lodge_zone","enter_lodge_zone");
zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","forest_zone","enter_forest_zone");
zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("lodge_zone","forest_zone","enter_forest_zone");
level flag::init( "always_on" );
level flag::set( "always_on" );
}

EDIT: I also put a trigger between the zones with ''script_flag_set_on_touching'' and named it the zone but still the laughing sound

ModmeBot:

Ahmed02354
mathfag Ahmed02354 mathfag give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean then make the big zone and make smaller zones in the big zone with different targetnames and link the spawners to them See this is what I have; //VOLUMEfunction usermap_test_zone_init(){zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone","test_zone","enter_test_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone","power_zone","enter_power_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","village_zone","enter_village_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","restaurant_zone","enter_restaurant_zone"); ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ^^ these zones work but the zones underneath dont work, also the zones up ^^ have doors triggered the zone... The zones underneath dont have triggers I dont know if that is the reason, only a volume with the targetname same as the name_zone zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","lodge_zone","enter_lodge_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","forest_zone","enter_forest_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("lodge_zone","forest_zone","enter_forest_zone"); level flag::init( "always_on" ); level flag::set( "always_on" );} EDIT: I also put a trigger between the zones with ''script_flag_set_on_touching'' and named it the zone but still the laughing sound

Yes you need "trigger_multiple's" with the kvp "script_flag_set_on_touching" -"enter_lodge_zone".

Note: you cant have the same flag more than once (enter_forest_zone)
Note: you need to add another line incase you enter from the other side
zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("forest_zone","lodge_zone","enter_lodge_zone2");

ModmeBot:

mathfag
Ahmed02354 mathfag Ahmed02354 mathfag give the other zone the same targetname as the first one if there's nothing to buy yeah but the zone is too big which means if you are on one side of the map a zombie can spawn all the way at the end of the map if you get me... so you will have to search for the zombie if it is too far away if you know what I mean then make the big zone and make smaller zones in the big zone with different targetnames and link the spawners to them See this is what I have; //VOLUMEfunction usermap_test_zone_init(){zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone","test_zone","enter_test_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone","power_zone","enter_power_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","village_zone","enter_village_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","restaurant_zone","enter_restaurant_zone"); ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ^^ these zones work but the zones underneath dont work, also the zones up ^^ have doors triggered the zone... The zones underneath dont have triggers I dont know if that is the reason, only a volume with the targetname same as the name_zone zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","lodge_zone","enter_lodge_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("test_zone","forest_zone","enter_forest_zone");zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("lodge_zone","forest_zone","enter_forest_zone"); level flag::init( "always_on" ); level flag::set( "always_on" );} EDIT: I also put a trigger between the zones with ''script_flag_set_on_touching'' and named it the zone but still the laughing sound Yes you need "trigger_multiple's" with the kvp "script_flag_set_on_touching" -"enter_lodge_zone". Note: you cant have the same flag more than once (enter_forest_zone) Note: you need to add another line incase you enter from the other side zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("forest_zone","lodge_zone","enter_lodge_zone2");

2 zones are touching 1 zone thats why I have it twice