Modme Forums

[HELP] Is it possible to animate models through script?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Program115
Is it possible to animate models through script just like we can do when using the pose manipulator in Radiant?

I'm trying to make a swinging gate as a door.

Thanks.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: hahaDuNOOB

Program115
Is it possible to animate models through script just like we can do when using the pose manipulator in Radiant? I'm trying to make a swinging gate as a door. Thanks.

if you mean a xmodel and xanim of it you need to use this
void <entity> AnimScripted(<notify>,<origin>,<angles>,<animation>,[mode],[root],[rate],[blend],[lerp],[animation time],[is_scene_animation],[showPlayerWeaponInFirstPerson])</animation></angles></origin></notify></entity>

with animtree

(modme script docs)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: uptownpapi25

ModmeBot:

Reply By: uptownpapi25

Program115
Is it possible to animate models through script just like we can do when using the pose manipulator in Radiant? I'm trying to make a swinging gate as a door. Thanks.

don't you also make youtube videos.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Program115

uptownpapi25
Program115 Is it possible to animate models through script just like we can do when using the pose manipulator in Radiant? I'm trying to make a swinging gate as a door. Thanks. don't you also make youtube videos.

Yeah, I do.

Thanks for the help too both of you! I appreciate it.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZoekMeMaar

Program115
uptownpapi25 Program115 Is it possible to animate models through script just like we can do when using the pose manipulator in Radiant? I'm trying to make a swinging gate as a door. Thanks. don't you also make youtube videos. Yeah, I do. Thanks for the help too both of you! I appreciate it.

Please don't use a aimtree as this doesn't blend the anims, what you wanna do something animated related with script use scriptbundels.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Program115

ZoekMeMaar
Program115 uptownpapi25 Program115 Is it possible to animate models through script just like we can do when using the pose manipulator in Radiant? I'm trying to make a swinging gate as a door. Thanks. don't you also make youtube videos. Yeah, I do. Thanks for the help too both of you! I appreciate it. Please don't use a aimtree as this doesn't blend the anims, what you wanna do something animated related with script use scriptbundels.

Please could you explain this more?

I'm just trying to move a model via script like in the pose manipulator.

Thanks.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZoekMeMaar

Program115
ZoekMeMaar Program115 uptownpapi25 Program115 Is it possible to animate models through script just like we can do when using the pose manipulator in Radiant? I'm trying to make a swinging gate as a door. Thanks. don't you also make youtube videos. Yeah, I do. Thanks for the help too both of you! I appreciate it. Please don't use a aimtree as this doesn't blend the anims, what you wanna do something animated related with script use scriptbundels. Please could you explain this more? I'm just trying to move a model via script like in the pose manipulator. Thanks.

You need maya and the extension <em>CoDMayaTools </em>then you grab your model if it's rigged you're good to go, else you need to rig it(watch some tutorials search for something like 'How to rig in maya'). Export your model fully rigged, now make the animations for it also with maya(probs wanna also look for a tutorial search for something like 'How to animate in maya'), now you can export your anim with the tools, select the bones and and fill in the amount of key frames you have.