Modme Forums

FPS drops?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Ahmed02354
Why is it that when I run my map, in some places my FPS drops drastically to 30-50, and whenever im passed that area it turns back to 60...

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
Black Ops III automatically portals map for you. When you can't see something, the engine does it's best at making it not render. Therefore your FPS will go up with less to render. When you're in the Area, I suspect it's rendering so much that it takes more processing. Either get a better computer- or change the area to be less intensive.

I could be wrong though.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ahmed02354

Exofile
Black Ops III automatically portals map for you. When you can't see something, the engine does it's best at making it not render. Therefore your FPS will go up with less to render. When you're in the Area, I suspect it's rendering so much that it takes more processing. Either get a better computer- or change the area to be less intensive. I could be wrong though.

think its the second one,

have a gtx 1080, i 7 and 32gb ram, i think the area is too much of a stress to render

ModmeBot:

Ahmed02354
Exofile Black Ops III automatically portals map for you. When you can't see something, the engine does it's best at making it not render. Therefore your FPS will go up with less to render. When you're in the Area, I suspect it's rendering so much that it takes more processing. Either get a better computer- or change the area to be less intensive. I could be wrong though. think its the second one, have a gtx 1080, i 7 and 32gb ram, i think the area is too much of a stress to render

Well that pretty much sucks, because when you play bo3 maps there are no fps drops, and those are detailed as F... I hope there is an actual fix

ModmeBot:

Ahmed02354
think its the second one, have a gtx 1080, i 7 and 32gb ram, i think the area is too much of a stress to render Well that pretty much sucks, because when you play bo3 maps there are no fps drops, and those are detailed as F... I hope there is an actual fix

You can portal manually to change it up. There are various ways to increase optimization for a map. The engine will portal for you, but it's not flawless.

ModmeBot:

Exofile
Ahmed02354 Black Ops III automatically portals map for you. When you can't see something, the engine does it's best at making it not render. Therefore your FPS will go up with less to render. When you're in the Area, I suspect it's rendering so much that it takes more processing. Either get a better computer- or change the area to be less intensive. I could be wrong though. think its the second one, have a gtx 1080, i 7 and 32gb ram, i think the area is too much of a stress to render Well that pretty much sucks, because when you play bo3 maps there are no fps drops, and those are detailed as F... I hope there is an actual fix You can portal manually to change it up. There are various ways to increase optimization for a map. The engine will portal for you, but it's not flawless.

How can I optimize manually? Do you mean through ''Nvidia GeForce Experience''?
or through settings in black ops itself?

ModmeBot:

Ahmed02354
How can I optimize manually? Do you mean through ''Nvidia GeForce Experience''? or through settings in black ops itself?

I'm talking about optimizing your map itself. Changing graphical settings in Black Ops III will also decrease the stress caused, but you should always aim to optimize your map as much as you can.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
if you have too many effects in the area it lags af