Modme Forums

[Tutorial] Buyable Elevator V2 (Now with call feature!)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ZombieKid164
Preview Video:

Hello again! (I know its been a while)
I've recreated my elevator script, which now has the main feature people were asking for: Calling. That's right, now you can call the elevator just like the one Five.
<hr>
In case you never saw the first post, here are the features:
-Sliding Doors
-Elevator
-Call Feature
-Editable numbers (You can adjust the elevator to your liking)
<hr>All the things you will need are in the download:

Download

IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT re-upload this script. If you are going to use this in your map or video, please credit me. (Ex: "ZombieKid164 - Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAm_2-Z_RGUmkLJcN1OfJrQ")
<hr>Also, if you want to turn off the debug text, set zk_debug to false in the script (Forgot to add that to instructions).
I hope you enjoy this script!

Thanks, and happy modding! -ZombieKid164

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
I looked at the script and noticed you did not use an array for the elevator. I would very much recommend you change it to an array so that way players can make their elevators out of more than just one brush. Realistically, you can't make a good-looking elevator with just one brush, because it should have walls around it, and a ceiling and probably some models or trim on the inside for decoration. Shouldn't be a hard fix if you know how to use arrays.

Also, this isn't necessary, but have you considered allowing for multiple elevators in one map? you define everything as a level var so that's kinda impossible right now.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZombieKid164

Abnormal202
I looked at the script and noticed you did not use an array for the elevator. I would very much recommend you change it to an array so that way players can make their elevators out of more than just one brush. Realistically, you can't make a good-looking elevator with just one brush, because it should have walls around it, and a ceiling and probably some models or trim on the inside for decoration. Shouldn't be a hard fix if you know how to use arrays. Also, this isn't necessary, but have you considered allowing for multiple elevators in one map? you define everything as a level var so that's kinda impossible right now.

I was just going for the original with the call feature, but I will try to add this as it does sound like a good idea. Thanks!

ModmeBot:

Yeah, I was thinking of releasing an elevator script to the public myself, but then I saw this and I didn't want to steal your thunder.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ltschase
Would it be possible to make the elevator doors move down to open and then back up to close instead of side to side?....because when you put an elevator at an angle, the door opens out and to the side really awkwardly, which makes the change door direction option pointless as well.

ModmeBot:

ltschase
Would it be possible to make the elevator doors move down to open and then back up to close instead of side to side?....because when you put an elevator at an angle, the door opens out and to the side really awkwardly, which makes the change door direction option pointless as well.

Another unfortunate weakness of this script. Replace it with this: https://pastebin.com/19UFpUnX

Now you should be able to give the elevator door a script_vector in radiant, just like you can zombie doors.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
ltschase Would it be possible to make the elevator doors move down to open and then back up to close instead of side to side?....because when you put an elevator at an angle, the door opens out and to the side really awkwardly, which makes the change door direction option pointless as well. Another unfortunate weakness of this script. Replace it with this: https://pastebin.com/19UFpUnX Now you should be able to give the elevator door a script_vector in radiant, just like you can zombie doors.

Alright, but here's another question....I do a script vector like I would do one for any other door, but do I need to do something to control how the door closes?

ModmeBot:

ltschase
Abnormal202 ltschase Would it be possible to make the elevator doors move down to open and then back up to close instead of side to side?....because when you put an elevator at an angle, the door opens out and to the side really awkwardly, which makes the change door direction option pointless as well. Another unfortunate weakness of this script. Replace it with this: https://pastebin.com/19UFpUnX Now you should be able to give the elevator door a script_vector in radiant, just like you can zombie doors. Alright, but here's another question....I do a script vector like I would do one for any other door, but do I need to do something to control how the door closes?

the door will close the exact opposite of how it opens. For example, if it opens by moving left 40 and up 50, it closes by moving right 40 and down 50.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
ltschase Abnormal202 ltschase Would it be possible to make the elevator doors move down to open and then back up to close instead of side to side?....because when you put an elevator at an angle, the door opens out and to the side really awkwardly, which makes the change door direction option pointless as well. Another unfortunate weakness of this script. Replace it with this: https://pastebin.com/19UFpUnX Now you should be able to give the elevator door a script_vector in radiant, just like you can zombie doors. Alright, but here's another question....I do a script vector like I would do one for any other door, but do I need to do something to control how the door closes? the door will close the exact opposite of how it opens. For example, if it opens by moving left 40 and up 50, it closes by moving right 40 and down 50.

Everything worked...other than that the bottom door keeps spawning open all weird like this right away....
http://prntscr.com/flwp0s
Not sure how to fix that
EDIT: Ok so the top door is not using the script_vector to open when I call the elevator either. Hmmm

ModmeBot:

ltschase
Abnormal202 ltschase Abnormal202 ltschase Would it be possible to make the elevator doors move down to open and then back up to close instead of side to side?....because when you put an elevator at an angle, the door opens out and to the side really awkwardly, which makes the change door direction option pointless as well. Another unfortunate weakness of this script. Replace it with this: https://pastebin.com/19UFpUnX Now you should be able to give the elevator door a script_vector in radiant, just like you can zombie doors. Alright, but here's another question....I do a script vector like I would do one for any other door, but do I need to do something to control how the door closes? the door will close the exact opposite of how it opens. For example, if it opens by moving left 40 and up 50, it closes by moving right 40 and down 50. Everything worked...other than that the bottom door keeps spawning open all weird like this right away.... http://prntscr.com/flwp0s Not sure how to fix that EDIT: Ok so the top door is not using the script_vector to open when I call the elevator either. Hmmm

what are your script_vectors in radiant? Doors should spawn looking like how they do in radiant.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
ltschase Abnormal202 ltschase Abnormal202 ltschase Would it be possible to make the elevator doors move down to open and then back up to close instead of side to side?....because when you put an elevator at an angle, the door opens out and to the side really awkwardly, which makes the change door direction option pointless as well. Another unfortunate weakness of this script. Replace it with this: https://pastebin.com/19UFpUnX Now you should be able to give the elevator door a script_vector in radiant, just like you can zombie doors. Alright, but here's another question....I do a script vector like I would do one for any other door, but do I need to do something to control how the door closes? the door will close the exact opposite of how it opens. For example, if it opens by moving left 40 and up 50, it closes by moving right 40 and down 50. Everything worked...other than that the bottom door keeps spawning open all weird like this right away.... http://prntscr.com/flwp0s Not sure how to fix that EDIT: Ok so the top door is not using the script_vector to open when I call the elevator either. Hmmm what are your script_vectors in radiant? Doors should spawn looking like how they do in radiant.

Well the door spawns in the right spot...and then when I turn on the power it moves out to the goofy spot.
Here's the script_vector for the top door which opens up correctly when I use the elevator from the bottom floor, but not correctly when I call the elevator from the top. http://prntscr.com/fmqo3
and the script_vector is the same on the bottom door as well which spawns in a goofy spot when I turn on the power...

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AnUncleanHippy
Is it possible you could create a version that works without power, and with multiple doors (The slide outwards horizontally from the centre)? I'm planning on making an interior elevator, and I'm not good at scripting in the slightest, so I don't want to potentially break the script.

Also, for the floor, couldnt you just name all of the bits of your elevator to elevator so they all get called to do the same thing?

ModmeBot:

AnUncleanHippy
Is it possible you could create a version that works without power, and with multiple doors (The slide outwards horizontally from the centre)? I'm planning on making an interior elevator, and I'm not good at scripting in the slightest, so I don't want to potentially break the script. Also, for the floor, couldnt you just name all of the bits of your elevator to elevator so they all get called to do the same thing?

I know that that is one of the many flaws of this version of the elevator. When I get back to my computer, on Wednesday, I will work on creating a public release of the newer version, which has sounds and multiple elevator parts and actually looks like a real elevator. Thanks, and keep a look out for that.

ModmeBot:

I know that that is one of the many flaws of this version of the elevator. When I get back to my computer, on Wednesday, I will work on creating a public release of the newer version, which has sounds and multiple elevator parts and actually looks like a real elevator. Thanks, and keep a look out for that.

https://pastebin.com/eUSLXEc9

I've modified the script so that it uses two sets of doors. An interior door that moves with the elevator so that the door moves with the elevator, whilst the outside doors stay still.

I'm not sure how to make it activate on a zombie_door trigger however.

ModmeBot:

AnUncleanHippy
I know that that is one of the many flaws of this version of the elevator. When I get back to my computer, on Wednesday, I will work on creating a public release of the newer version, which has sounds and multiple elevator parts and actually looks like a real elevator. Thanks, and keep a look out for that. https://pastebin.com/Yw6sDRxt I've tried modifying the script (it's not done) so that it works with two doors. (I simply called them _left and _right), as well as with a brush that on the inside that works as the interior elevator door (I'm yet to script this) just so that in the elevator, there's a closed door, and outside there's a closed door as well. I removed the wait_for_power function and am wondering how I would modify it so it reacts to a zombie_door trigger.

No, I mean I literally have a WAY better version with sounds and an actual elevator and parts (model) that is DONE and you don't need to do that, just wait please, I am away rn. Please don't waste your time, sorry if I wasn't specific enough

ModmeBot:

No, I mean I literally have a WAY better version with sounds and an actual elevator and parts (model) that is DONE and you don't need to do that, just wait please, I am away rn. Please don't waste your time, sorry if I wasn't specific enough

Ah okay, cool.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Christians_Gaming
Where is the better elevator, you were talking about?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

Christians_Gaming
Where is the better elevator, you were talking about?

1st post...
Click to open the spoiler

ModmeBot:

mathfag
Christians_Gaming Where is the better elevator, you were talking about? 1st post... Click to open the spoiler

So, just to be sure. Is it elevator v2?

ModmeBot:

Okay 3 things

- How do I add sounds to the elevator?
- How do I give it a script_flag to make it activate another zone?
- And how do I make the zombies get in the elevator too?

ModmeBot:

Okay nevermind, how do I get the zombies in the elevator too?

mario807906:

hey is there a way to add scripts to add elevator music, elevator movement noise, plus the ding sound when you have reached the floor. I have never done scripting before so I do not really know what to do

has this music version come out yet.