Modme Forums

Freeze players score

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: tom5300
Hello,

I'm making a ritual for my map which constantly spawns in zombies until the ritual is complete.
My question is:is there a good way to freeze the player's score during the ritual?
By freeze the score, I mean that I want the player's score value to be unchangeable until the ritual is over.
Any answers/ideas to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated!

Thank you

ModmeBot:

Reply By: To_Be_Honest

tom5300
Hello, I'm making a ritual for my map which constantly spawns in zombies until the ritual is complete. My question is: is there a good way to freeze the player's score during the ritual? By freeze the score, I mean that I want the player's score value to be unchangeable until the ritual is over. Any answers/ideas to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated! Thank you

So you want it to be pretty similar too the shadows of evil ritual? if you do then ill try to see what to do but im not into the scripting alot

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tom5300

To_Be_Honest
tom5300 Hello, I'm making a ritual for my map which constantly spawns in zombies until the ritual is complete. My question is: is there a good way to freeze the player's score during the ritual? By freeze the score, I mean that I want the player's score value to be unchangeable until the ritual is over. Any answers/ideas to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated! Thank you So you want it to be pretty similar too the shadows of evil ritual? if you do then ill try to see what to do but im not into the scripting alot

Yes, very similar to shadows of evil.
I have tried:
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage_normal", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage_light", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_melee", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_head", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_neck", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_torso", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_burn", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_4player", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_3player", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_2player", 0 );
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_1player", 0 );
But, this had no effect.

ModmeBot:

tom5300
To_Be_Honest tom5300 Hello, I'm making a ritual for my map which constantly spawns in zombies until the ritual is complete. My question is: is there a good way to freeze the player's score during the ritual? By freeze the score, I mean that I want the player's score value to be unchangeable until the ritual is over. Any answers/ideas to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated! Thank you So you want it to be pretty similar too the shadows of evil ritual? if you do then ill try to see what to do but im not into the scripting alot Yes, very similar to shadows of evil. I have tried: zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage_normal", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage_light", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_melee", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_head", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_neck", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_torso", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_burn", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_4player", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_3player", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_2player", 0 ); zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_1player", 0 ); But, this had no effect.

this is in your gsc? or a custom made one?
<hr>Not Into Scripting

ModmeBot:

To_Be_Honest
this is in your gsc? or a custom made one? Not Into Scripting

Yes, and I call a function that sets those gamevars when the ritual starts.

ModmeBot:

tom5300
To_Be_Honest this is in your gsc? or a custom made one? Not Into Scripting Yes, and I call a function that sets those gamevars when the ritual starts.

is this coding also in your custom gsc
<hr>Not Into Scripting

ModmeBot:

To_Be_Honest
tom5300 To_Be_Honest this is in your gsc? or a custom made one? Not Into Scripting Yes, and I call a function that sets those gamevars when the ritual starts. is this coding also in your custom gsc Not Into Scripting

Just realized my mistake! My dumba** accidentally threaded the function, which caused the next function that would re-enable the earning of points to be called immediately after. DOH!
So the code worked all along. Sorry to waste your time!

ModmeBot:

tom5300
To_Be_Honest tom5300 To_Be_Honest this is in your gsc? or a custom made one? Not Into Scripting Yes, and I call a function that sets those gamevars when the ritual starts. is this coding also in your custom gsc Not Into Scripting Just realized my mistake! My dumba** accidentally threaded the function, which caused the next function that would re-enable the earning of points to be called immediately after. DOH! So the code worked all along. Sorry to waste your time

Its alright atleast i tried