Modme Forums

My user_aliases.csv is not working anymore

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ltschase
So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

ltschase
So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time.

If you have too many aliases you will hit the limit. Hitting the limit won't give you an error, it simply just stops playing sounds. You'll hit the limit for having too many things installed such as ported weapons, perks, round sounds, boss zombies, etc... Try removing some aliases and see if new ones start to work.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ltschase

AGC
ltschase So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time. If you have too many aliases you will hit the limit. Hitting the limit won't give you an error, it simply just stops playing sounds. You'll hit the limit for having too many things installed such as ported weapons, perks, round sounds, boss zombies, etc... Try removing some aliases and see if new ones start to work.

If that is indeed a thing, that's the dumbest shit ever. Must be a way around that....right?
Also, removed all from my user_aliases.csv except for 26 weapons.....still none of those work.

ModmeBot:

AGC
ltschase So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time. If you have too many aliases you will hit the limit. Hitting the limit won't give you an error, it simply just stops playing sounds. You'll hit the limit for having too many things installed such as ported weapons, perks, round sounds, boss zombies, etc... Try removing some aliases and see if new ones start to work.

Alright so I am getting this error:
ERROR: zm_norwalk
ERROR: sound zone zm_norwalk refers to missing alias file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\sound\aliases\user_aliases.csv

My user_aliases.csv is most definitely there.....I am very confused.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy

ltschase
AGC ltschase So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time. If you have too many aliases you will hit the limit. Hitting the limit won't give you an error, it simply just stops playing sounds. You'll hit the limit for having too many things installed such as ported weapons, perks, round sounds, boss zombies, etc... Try removing some aliases and see if new ones start to work. Alright so I am getting this error: ERROR: zm_norwalk ERROR: sound zone zm_norwalk refers to missing alias file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\sound\aliases\user_aliases.csv My user_aliases.csv is most definitely there.....I am very confused.

post your map szc file or what it looks like

ModmeBot:

itznvy
ltschase AGC ltschase So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time. If you have too many aliases you will hit the limit. Hitting the limit won't give you an error, it simply just stops playing sounds. You'll hit the limit for having too many things installed such as ported weapons, perks, round sounds, boss zombies, etc... Try removing some aliases and see if new ones start to work. Alright so I am getting this error: ERROR: zm_norwalk ERROR: sound zone zm_norwalk refers to missing alias file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\sound\aliases\user_aliases.csv My user_aliases.csv is most definitely there.....I am very confused. post your map szc file or what it looks like

Got that fixed now, think I just cleared them and let them reset. Now though, I was slowly adding groups of weapons to my user_aliases.csv, and everything after the Thompson's sounds don't work.....https://pastebin.com/S4UqMHnp

There's no way, if there is a limit, that it is that small. How exactly do I fix that?

ModmeBot:

ltschase
itznvy ltschase AGC ltschase So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time. If you have too many aliases you will hit the limit. Hitting the limit won't give you an error, it simply just stops playing sounds. You'll hit the limit for having too many things installed such as ported weapons, perks, round sounds, boss zombies, etc... Try removing some aliases and see if new ones start to work. Alright so I am getting this error: ERROR: zm_norwalk ERROR: sound zone zm_norwalk refers to missing alias file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\sound\aliases\user_aliases.csv My user_aliases.csv is most definitely there.....I am very confused. post your map szc file or what it looks like Got that fixed now, think I just cleared them and let them reset. Now though, I was slowly adding groups of weapons to my user_aliases.csv, and everything after the Thompson's sounds don't work.....https://pastebin.com/S4UqMHnp There's no way, if there is a limit, that it is that small. How exactly do I fix that?

So the limit is 2000, so that's not the problem which is good. You could try verifying the integrity of the tools and remove the aliases and reinstall the weapons. That has happened to me where I install something and the sound doesn't work but if I remove the aliases, recompile and link, then reinstall the weapon the sounds work. It's weird.

ModmeBot:

AGC
ltschase itznvy ltschase AGC ltschase So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time. If you have too many aliases you will hit the limit. Hitting the limit won't give you an error, it simply just stops playing sounds. You'll hit the limit for having too many things installed such as ported weapons, perks, round sounds, boss zombies, etc... Try removing some aliases and see if new ones start to work. Alright so I am getting this error: ERROR: zm_norwalk ERROR: sound zone zm_norwalk refers to missing alias file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\sound\aliases\user_aliases.csv My user_aliases.csv is most definitely there.....I am very confused. post your map szc file or what it looks like Got that fixed now, think I just cleared them and let them reset. Now though, I was slowly adding groups of weapons to my user_aliases.csv, and everything after the Thompson's sounds don't work.....https://pastebin.com/S4UqMHnp There's no way, if there is a limit, that it is that small. How exactly do I fix that? So the limit is 2000, so that's not the problem which is good. You could try verifying the integrity of the tools and remove the aliases and reinstall the weapons. That has happened to me where I install something and the sound doesn't work but if I remove the aliases, recompile and link, then reinstall the weapon the sounds work. It's weird.

2000 alias lines?

ModmeBot:

ltschase
AGC ltschase itznvy ltschase AGC ltschase So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time. If you have too many aliases you will hit the limit. Hitting the limit won't give you an error, it simply just stops playing sounds. You'll hit the limit for having too many things installed such as ported weapons, perks, round sounds, boss zombies, etc... Try removing some aliases and see if new ones start to work. Alright so I am getting this error: ERROR: zm_norwalk ERROR: sound zone zm_norwalk refers to missing alias file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\sound\aliases\user_aliases.csv My user_aliases.csv is most definitely there.....I am very confused. post your map szc file or what it looks like Got that fixed now, think I just cleared them and let them reset. Now though, I was slowly adding groups of weapons to my user_aliases.csv, and everything after the Thompson's sounds don't work.....https://pastebin.com/S4UqMHnp There's no way, if there is a limit, that it is that small. How exactly do I fix that? So the limit is 2000, so that's not the problem which is good. You could try verifying the integrity of the tools and remove the aliases and reinstall the weapons. That has happened to me where I install something and the sound doesn't work but if I remove the aliases, recompile and link, then reinstall the weapon the sounds work. It's weird. 2000 alias lines?

I don't know if it's lines or the actual aliases themselves. I just know the number 2000 is a limit lol, sorry.

ModmeBot:

AGC
ltschase AGC ltschase itznvy ltschase AGC ltschase So my user_aliases.csv is not working AT ALL now. Wondering what all it could possibly be. No ported weapons have sound anymore or anything like that. Been struggling to try to figure this out all night, and I am sure it is something silly that is causing it. Thanks ahead of time. If you have too many aliases you will hit the limit. Hitting the limit won't give you an error, it simply just stops playing sounds. You'll hit the limit for having too many things installed such as ported weapons, perks, round sounds, boss zombies, etc... Try removing some aliases and see if new ones start to work. Alright so I am getting this error: ERROR: zm_norwalk ERROR: sound zone zm_norwalk refers to missing alias file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\sound\aliases\user_aliases.csv My user_aliases.csv is most definitely there.....I am very confused. post your map szc file or what it looks like Got that fixed now, think I just cleared them and let them reset. Now though, I was slowly adding groups of weapons to my user_aliases.csv, and everything after the Thompson's sounds don't work.....https://pastebin.com/S4UqMHnp There's no way, if there is a limit, that it is that small. How exactly do I fix that? So the limit is 2000, so that's not the problem which is good. You could try verifying the integrity of the tools and remove the aliases and reinstall the weapons. That has happened to me where I install something and the sound doesn't work but if I remove the aliases, recompile and link, then reinstall the weapon the sounds work. It's weird. 2000 alias lines? I don't know if it's lines or the actual aliases themselves. I just know the number 2000 is a limit lol, sorry.

Oh alright, i was just curious.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
I know that just one broken sound can ruin the entire Alias. Look carefully in launcher and look for any warnings or errors pertaining to user_aliases.csv.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
I know that just one broken sound can ruin the entire Alias. Look carefully in launcher and look for any warnings or errors pertaining to user_aliases.csv.

Hmmm, I will try that later. Actually may just try adding one at a time either way, only takes a minute to link and test.