Modme Forums

Questions about getting started

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Akrime
So I decided to learn scripting for my map.

I've already worked with programming languages like C, C++, C#, PHP and a bit Java.

My questions:

1. Is BO3 scripting similiar to a specific programming language?
2. Where can I look up the syntax?
3. Is there a Wiki or something?
4. any tips about getting started?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

Akrime
So I decided to learn scripting for my map. I've already worked with programming languages like C, C++, C#, PHP and a bit Java. My questions: 1. Is BO3 scripting similiar to a specific programming language? 2. Where can I look up the syntax? 3. Is there a Wiki or something? 4. any tips about getting started?

http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/black_ops_3/guides/scripting_guide/ Should get you started

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZombieKid164

Akrime
So I decided to learn scripting for my map. I've already worked with programming languages like C, C++, C#, PHP and a bit Java. My questions: 1. Is BO3 scripting similiar to a specific programming language? 2. Where can I look up the syntax? 3. Is there a Wiki or something? 4. any tips about getting started?

Hello! Gsc (black ops 3 script) is a lot like other codes and having worked with those should help you a lot. You can learn a lot about functions and stuff by going to root\docmodtools (or something like that, I'm not at my pc rn) and open the files named gsc and bo3 scriptAPIfunctions (again, the names are hopefully close) and those should help you a lot as you go. Hope I helped!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Akrime
Thanks for the replies!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZombieKid164

Akrime
Thanks for the replies!

Yep! Hope you have fun in BO3 mod tools!