Modme Forums

[HELP] Nothing I install (Perk/Powerup Shaders/Sounds) Work!

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: TrueGamerCalls
The only thing that works is weapons, but their sounds don't work either.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Launcher's Output <----- I don't understand anything in there, I'm still able to open the map perfectly (Still Without custom things)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<----------------- Zone
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<-------------- User alias
<------------ (This is at the bottom of the user alias)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild
TBH I am not sure if this will fix it but try copying all the text from one file, open the same file in a better editor such as Sublime or Notepad++, then re-paste it in. It should fix or point out any formatting errors. Like I said I don't know if that would actually be the problem but either way you shouldn't use Notepad. I'd recommend downloading Sublime and using JBird's tutorial to set it up to work with gsc.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls

AGC
TBH I am not sure if this will fix it but try copying all the text from one file, open the same file in a better editor such as Sublime or Notepad++, then re-paste it in. It should fix or point out any formatting errors. Like I said I don't know if that would actually be the problem but either way you shouldn't use Notepad. I'd recommend downloading Sublime and using JBird's tutorial to set it up to work with gsc.

Nope, nothing seemed to change with copy and paste in Sublime, Also can you link me to the JBird tutorial? I couldn't find it.

EDIT: thx for the BO2 shaders and MOTD round sounds, can't wait to get it to work.

ModmeBot:

TrueGamerCalls
AGC TBH I am not sure if this will fix it but try copying all the text from one file, open the same file in a better editor such as Sublime or Notepad++, then re-paste it in. It should fix or point out any formatting errors. Like I said I don't know if that would actually be the problem but either way you shouldn't use Notepad. I'd recommend downloading Sublime and using JBird's tutorial to set it up to work with gsc. Nope, nothing seemed to change with copy and paste in Sublime, Also can you link me to the JBird tutorial? I couldn't find it.

Then TBH I am not too sure :/ Last time I had a problem like that I just backed up my .map files, reinstalled the tools, created new maps with the same name and replaced the .map files to continue working. Anyway here is the tutorial:

EDIT: You could also try verifying the tools and BO3 on steam and try compiling and testing again. It's a simple thing but verifying you steam files usually fixes a lot of problems.

ModmeBot:

I've already reinstalled twice, but I just directly put in my files, I will try what you did.

ModmeBot:

AGC
Then TBH I am not too sure :/ Last time I had a problem like that I just backed up my .map files, reinstalled the tools, created new maps with the same name and replaced the .map files to continue working. Anyway here is the tutorial: EDIT: You could also try verifying the tools and BO3 on steam and try compiling and testing again. It's a simple thing but verifying you steam files usually fixes a lot of problems.

Also, which map files?

ModmeBot:

zm_yourmap.map located in bo3root/map_source/zm. These are files for the actual Radiant build of your map. If you back up these you can just put them back into that location and radiant will just load up your map like normal, even after a fresh install of the tools. Sorry if that sounds confusing, I am bad at wording lol

ModmeBot:

Cool, when I reinstall mod tools will everything mod tool related reinstall (user_aliases, sound assets etc...)

ModmeBot:

Yup, all fresh and new copies. All you'll have to do if in the launcher just make a new map like normal, but call it what you map was then go back to that location (bo3root/map_source/zm) and paste the .map file you backed up. Then you'll have your map like normal but also a fresh install of the tools. Before you actually reinstall them though I'd recommend reinstalling BO3 and deleting everything related to it, then install bo3, then the tools again just to make sure everything is fresh and new.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tbone-5
it looks like you might be missing this in your zone & it is needed. as for sounds one bad alias line could break all or most other custom sounds so that might be something you will have to figure out yourself by double checking the audio file is in 4800k & is in the right file path

&gt;class,zm_mod_level
&gt;group,modtools

ModmeBot:

AGC
Yup, all fresh and new copies. All you'll have to do if in the launcher just make a new map like normal, but call it what you map was then go back to that location (bo3root/map_source/zm) and paste the .map file you backed up. Then you'll have your map like normal but also a fresh install of the tools. Before you actually reinstall them though I'd recommend reinstalling BO3 and deleting everything related to it, then install bo3, then the tools again just to make sure everything is fresh and new.

Everything installed over night, and still nothing is working.

ModmeBot:

tbone-5
it looks like you might be missing this in your zone & it is needed. as for sounds one bad alias line could break all or most other custom sounds so that might be something you will have to figure out yourself by double checking the audio file is in 4800k & is in the right file path >class,zm_mod_level >group,modtools

Everything looks fine.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tbone-5

TrueGamerCalls
tbone-5 it looks like you might be missing this in your zone & it is needed. as for sounds one bad alias line could break all or most other custom sounds so that might be something you will have to figure out yourself by double checking the audio file is in 4800k & is in the right file path >class,zm_mod_level >group,modtools Everything looks fine.

so you have that in your zone? did you try making a new map and only loading the perk images? just to double check is your images the right size?

ModmeBot:

tbone-5
TrueGamerCalls tbone-5 it looks like you might be missing this in your zone & it is needed. as for sounds one bad alias line could break all or most other custom sounds so that might be something you will have to figure out yourself by double checking the audio file is in 4800k & is in the right file path >class,zm_mod_level >group,modtools Everything looks fine. so you have that in your zone? did you try making a new map and only loading the perk images? just to double check is your images the right size?

Yes its in my zone, and all images are the right size. I even made a new map and added sounds that are 100% compatible to work in BO3, and it still didn't play.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DaRkStuDio_MaDTeam

TrueGamerCalls
tbone-5 TrueGamerCalls tbone-5 it looks like you might be missing this in your zone & it is needed. as for sounds one bad alias line could break all or most other custom sounds so that might be something you will have to figure out yourself by double checking the audio file is in 4800k & is in the right file path >class,zm_mod_level >group,modtools Everything looks fine. so you have that in your zone? did you try making a new map and only loading the perk images? just to double check is your images the right size? Yes its in my zone, and all images are the right size. I even made a new map and added sounds that are 100% compatible to work in BO3, and it still didn't play.

Hi.

1) Close BO3 + Close Mod tools
2) Check if Regional settings of windows is correctly configured. How?
<ul><li style="padding-left:30px;">WINDOWS KEY+R (to run something)</li>
<li style="padding-left:30px;">Execute this command: Intl.cpl</li>
<li style="padding-left:30px;">When the windows "Region" is open, click on addition settings button</li>
<li style="padding-left:30px;">Change decimal symbol from "," to "." (dot).</li>
<li style="padding-left:30px;">Click Apply and close all windows</li>
<li style="padding-left:30px;">NOTE: sometimes, restarting windows is necessary but not for me...</li>
</ul>3) Refresh gtdDB. How?
<ul><li style="padding-left:30px;">Go to Folder : Call of Duty Black Ops III\gdtdb\</li>
<li style="padding-left:30px;">Delete the file : gdt.db ( its a big file, 100/200 mb or more)</li>
</ul>4) Launch Mod tools and WAIT (dont make anything!) that the new gtDB file is generated.

Now try to full compile a default map.

Bye.

ModmeBot:

DaRkStuDio_MaDTeam
TrueGamerCalls tbone-5 TrueGamerCalls tbone-5 it looks like you might be missing this in your zone & it is needed. as for sounds one bad alias line could break all or most other custom sounds so that might be something you will have to figure out yourself by double checking the audio file is in 4800k & is in the right file path >class,zm_mod_level >group,modtools Everything looks fine. so you have that in your zone? did you try making a new map and only loading the perk images? just to double check is your images the right size? Yes its in my zone, and all images are the right size. I even made a new map and added sounds that are 100% compatible to work in BO3, and it still didn't play. Hi. 1) Close BO3 + Close Mod tools 2) Check if Regional settings of windows is correctly configured. How? WINDOWS KEY+R (to run something) Execute this command: Intl.cpl When the windows "Region" is open, click on addition settings button Change decimal symbol from "," to "." (dot). Click Apply and close all windows NOTE: sometimes, restarting windows is necessary but not for me... 3) Refresh gtdDB. How? Go to Folder : Call of Duty Black Ops III\gdtdb\ Delete the file : gdt.db ( its a big file, 100/200 mb or more) 4) Launch Mod tools and WAIT (dont make anything!) that the new gtDB file is generated. Now try to full compile a default map. Bye.

1: It was already set to .

2. It looked like it fix some other error that wasn't related to my problem.

Also I think it may be related to missing files when I compile any map.

"
^1ERROR: unable to load file 'sound/zone//zm_test.english.alias.sz'
csv:zone_source/loc/zm_test.zone
^1ERROR: sound aliases failed to load
csv:zone_source/loc/zm_test.zone
done: 0m1.93s"

Errors like that appear a lot with any map I compile, keep in mind that this will appear for any map I compile (even new ones) I've already re-installed mod tools 3 times, verifed the files multiple times, how can I get my launcher to compile with all the files?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DaRkStuDio_MaDTeam

TrueGamerCalls
DaRkStuDio_MaDTeam TrueGamerCalls tbone-5 TrueGamerCalls tbone-5 it looks like you might be missing this in your zone & it is needed. as for sounds one bad alias line could break all or most other custom sounds so that might be something you will have to figure out yourself by double checking the audio file is in 4800k & is in the right file path >class,zm_mod_level >group,modtools Everything looks fine. so you have that in your zone? did you try making a new map and only loading the perk images? just to double check is your images the right size? Yes its in my zone, and all images are the right size. I even made a new map and added sounds that are 100% compatible to work in BO3, and it still didn't play. Hi. 1) Close BO3 + Close Mod tools 2) Check if Regional settings of windows is correctly configured. How? WINDOWS KEY+R (to run something) Execute this command: Intl.cpl When the windows "Region" is open, click on addition settings button Change decimal symbol from "," to "." (dot). Click Apply and close all windows NOTE: sometimes, restarting windows is necessary but not for me... 3) Refresh gtdDB. How? Go to Folder : Call of Duty Black Ops III\gdtdb\ Delete the file : gdt.db ( its a big file, 100/200 mb or more) 4) Launch Mod tools and WAIT (dont make anything!) that the new gtDB file is generated. Now try to full compile a default map. Bye. 1: It was already set to . 2. It looked like it fix some other error that wasn't related to my problem. Also I think it may be related to missing files when I compile any map. "^1ERROR: unable to load file 'sound/zone//zm_test.english.alias.sz' csv:zone_source/loc/zm_test.zone^1ERROR: sound aliases failed to load csv:zone_source/loc/zm_test.zonedone: 0m1.93s" Errors like that appear a lot with any map I compile, keep in mind that this will appear for any map I compile (even new ones) I've already re-installed mod tools 3 times, verifed the files multiple times, how can I get my launcher to compile with all the files?

hmmmm ok.

Do you have try to change localisation of your map ?
On Mod tools windows, goto Edit menu then Options... and force"English" selection.
Close mod tools and restart mod tools, select your map and try to compile.
Another question : Where is installed Steamapps ?