Modme Forums

How to make a Custom Trap

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Abnormal202
First off, I just wanna say that THIS TUTORIAL REQUIRES SOME KNOWLEDGE OF SCRIPTING.
This is because traps can be all sorts of different things, from rotating floggers, to spikes coming from the ground, to lightning and fire traps. So to create something truly unique, you're going to have to use this tutorial as a baseline for your trap, rather than some drag & drop download to add to your map.

That being said, if anyone has any questions about scripting a custom feature, or scripting in general, I'd be happy to answer it.

Download

Instructions for installation are included in the download, and many important instructions are inside custom_trap.gsc, so make sure to open it.

For Radiant follow the example_trap prefab. Basically:
<ul><li>Create trigger_uses with the targetname: custom_trap_trigger</li>
<li>Give those trigger_uses the Key: zombie_score Value: the amount in points you want the trap to cost</li>
<li>Create a trigger_multiple(s) where you want to kill zombies and players, and have the trigger_uses target it</li>
<li>MAKE SURE YOU CHECK AI_AXIS, AI_ALLIES, AND AI_NEUTRAL ON THE TRIGGER_MULTIPLE(S)</li>
<li>Create a script_model or script_brushmodel for your moving parts and have the trigger_multiple target them (if you don't want moving parts but still want fx, you still have to do this step)</li>
<li>Create script_structs where you want to play fx and have the script_models target them.</li>
</ul>
This tutorial is mainly meant for those learning to script, and I highly encourage looking through the script to learn how it works

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZombieKid164
DUUUDE this is awesome! I've been wanting to make custom traps for a while now and this is just what I needed. Thanks!