Modme Forums

Any way to disable drops?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: h00dedsn1per
Does anyone know how to disable drops/ power ups such as; max ammo, insta-kill. double points etc. ?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

h00dedsn1per
Does anyone know how to disable drops/ power ups such as; max ammo, insta-kill. double points etc. ?

I found this in zm_powerups.gsc:
function powerup_remove_from_regular_drops( powerup_name )
From what I can tell, if as long as
zm_powerups
is specified as a
#using
in your gsc, you can do
zm_powerups::powerup_remove_from_regular_drops( powerup_name )

These are the set that can spawn at random.
nuke
minigun
insta_kill
full_ammo
fire_sale
double_points
carpenter

Beware of
fire_sale
. Although I haven't checked to verify this, I would not be surprised if fire sale is removed like this and is triggered to start spawning once the box gives the teddy bear for the first time.
Possible with
carpenter
too, but disabled/enabled based on whether 5+ barriers have been broken down.

I haven't investigated the csc side of this (if there is one).

Hope this helps.
<em>This won't help preventing powerups spawning from dig sites etc though most likely.</em>

ModmeBot:

Reply By: h00dedsn1per

The Black Death
h00dedsn1per Does anyone know how to disable drops/ power ups such as; max ammo, insta-kill. double points etc. ? I found this in zm_powerups.gsc: function powerup_remove_from_regular_drops( powerup_name ) From what I can tell, if as long as zm_powerups is specified as a #using in your gsc, you can do zm_powerups::powerup_remove_from_regular_drops( powerup_name ). These are the set that can spawn at random. nuke, minigun, insta_kill, full_ammo, fire_sale, double_points, carpenter Beware of fire_sale. Although I haven't checked to verify this, I would not be surprised if fire sale is removed like this and is triggered to start spawning once the box gives the teddy bear for the first time. Possible with carpenter too, but disabled/enabled based on whether 5+ barriers have been broken down. I haven't investigated the csc side of this (if there is one). Hope this helps. This won't help preventing powerups spawning from dig sites etc though most likely.

Thankyou i'll check it out. Thanks for the reply, you get a win from me :)

Magicman:

how do I do this for one specific zone only

Magicman:

didnt work for me, any other method to disable powerups?

I’m assuming you want to disable drops completely? Like no drops anywhere at anytime throughout the entire map? If so, I have code that has worked for me, which I’ll send you as soon as possible. But I think it’ll only work if that’s what you’re looking for

Magicman:

Thanks for your reply, but no i want to disable all drops except max ammo, this worked for me once in a previous map i made but now it doesnt for some reason its either that i didnt understand how to put the script or its not working anymore, but sure give me the script u have it would be appreciated

level flag::clear( "zombie_drop_powerups" );

Maybe replace "zombie_drop_powerups" with nuke or something and see if nukes spawn

Reaper_9382:

it worked thanks u need to add zm_powerups:: powerup_remove_from_regular_drops( "powerup_name" ); under zm_usermap::main()