Modme Forums

Mystery Box

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Tjmoney030589
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this (if not sorry ) I have two questions.... Question #1, I'm trying to change the model of the mystery box, so I ripped MOTD MB but I'm not sure exactly what to do after that. I have tried stamping the prefab, APE, and even tried the perk machine change but no luck I have only been doing this a couple months soooo I'm probably just missing something easy lol... Now Question #2, I want the character in my new map to start without a weapon and when he gets out of the room there will be a gun on a dead body.... I know it has something to do with the script but my scripting sucks lol (we need more tutorials on scripting lol) any help would be awesome. Thanks :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild
IDK about the weapon part but this is how you change the mystery box model :) http://modme.co/index.php?view=topic&tid=957

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Tjmoney030589
Thank you for the help!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Tjmoney030589
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this (if not sorry ) I have two questions.... Question #1, I'm trying to change the model of the mystery box, so I ripped MOTD MB but I'm not sure exactly what to do after that. I have tried stamping the prefab, APE, and even tried the perk machine change but no luck I have only been doing this a couple months soooo I'm probably just missing something easy lol... Now Question #2, I want the character in my new map to start without a weapon and when he gets out of the room there will be a gun on a dead body.... I know it has something to do with the script but my scripting sucks lol (we need more tutorials on scripting lol) any help would be awesome. Thanks :)

You could take the gun using the takeweapon function:
void <player> TakeWeapon(<weapon>,<ignore_attachments>)</ignore_attachments></weapon></player>

and give it when they pick it up off the ground using the GiveWeapon function:
void <player> GiveWeapon(<weapon>,[options],[acvi])</weapon></player>

if you need more help, I could maybe make a script for you, but make sure you describe everything in detail.
<ul><li>will there be more than one gun location?</li>
<li>will the gun model disappear off the floor when picked up? </li>
<li>Can players pickup the gun multiple times?</li>
</ul>