Modme Forums

Clear Debris Text

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ltschase
So I have seen the "clear debris" text changed in a couple different maps.
Curious how this is done, thanks.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Unity_N
You can give your trigger a targetname in radiant, then in script do

trig1 = getent("yourtargetname", "targetname");

after that, add this
trig1 setHintString("message");

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ltschase

Unity_N
You can give your trigger a targetname in radiant, then in script do trig1 = getent("yourtargetname", "targetname"); after that, add this trig1 setHintString("message");

Thank you.

ModmeBot:

Unity_N
You can give your trigger a targetname in radiant, then in script do trig1 = getent("yourtargetname", "targetname"); after that, add this trig1 setHintString("message");

Hmmmm, what am I doing wrong?

^1trig
^1---^
^1ERR(0) scripts/zm/zm_norwalk.gsc (959,4) : syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_IDENTIFIER, expecting $end : trig1

ModmeBot:

Can I see your code?

ModmeBot:

Unity_N
Can I see your code?

Well here's a question, when you say you can put a targetname on the trigger in radiant, how exactly do you do that? zombie_debris is already the targetname obviously..

ModmeBot:

so when you hit N with the trigger selected, the targetname is zombie_debris? If that is the only trigger with that targetname, replace where I put "yourtargetname" with zombie_debris (Keep it inside the parenthesis)

ModmeBot:

Unity_N
so when you hit N with the trigger selected, the targetname is zombie_debris? If that is the only trigger with that targetname, replace where I put "yourtargetname" with zombie_debris (Keep it inside the parenthesis)

but.....it needs to be zombie_debris.....as it is a debris door.... and if I did that all of my debris doors would have the same text

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
dont change the targetname or youll break the trigger

use something else to identify it like .script_string or .script_noteworthy

something that isnt already used

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
dont change the targetname or youll break the trigger use something else to identify it like .script_string or .script_noteworthy something that isnt already used

Okay, so if I do it with script_noteworthy, what would the code be, and where would it go? I am assuming in the .gsc, but where in it?

ModmeBot:

I believe it would be the same, except change

trig1 = getent("yourtargetname", "targetname");

to this
trig1 = getent("yourscriptnoteworthy", "script_noteworthy");

I'm not 100% sure though

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Unity_N
I'm not 100% sure though

that is correct