Modme Forums

My fucking scripting broke what the hell

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: TrueGamerCalls
SOLVED- I don't know how the fuck it got fixed, just randomly started working again.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
This is new to me (3 scripts giving the same error), but are you sure the sethintstring is correct?

<entity> SetHintString(<hint string="">,[...])</hint></entity>

Can you post the part of the script with the line that gives you shit?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls

mathfag
This is new to me (3 scripts giving the same error), but are you sure the sethintstring is correct? <entity> SetHintString(<hint string="">,[...]) Can you post the part of the script with the line that gives you shit?

Here are the ones giving me a error

powerwait SetHintString("Power Needed");
ending setHintString(ENDGAME_CUSTOM_TRIGGER_HINT + " [Cost: " + ENDGAME_COST + "]");
trigger SetHintString( "You must turn the Power on first!" );</hint></entity>

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

TrueGamerCalls
I know I just made a scripting post eariler but this is on a whole different level of what the fuck. If you looked at my last post, I had a issue with scripting a pap system, with the help of many people I fixed it, and it worked. I added a part to the script that blocks the trigger to be activated until power is on, testing went great then I tried adding it to other switches. Now my issue kicks in, it doesn't give me any errors in the launcher, but when I opened the game, it gave me a console error about "SetHintString" I was curious as fuck so I removed all mentions of what I just did, built, and linked, gave me the same error, wondered what the fuck is happening, built and compiled again, then now its giving me a error on the forest menu of zombies saying there is a issue with "ugx buyable ending" which is a script i'm using with my map. I checked the line it gave me and it was something to do with "SetHintString" keep in mind I never got this error before, and I didn't mess with anything before. I deleted all mentions of said "ugx buyable ending" and now its giving me a error for harry's wunderfizz script, the line is once again dealing with "SentHintString" Can someone tell me what the fuck happened? I don't know what is going on. If I have to reinstall mod tools for the 5th time let it be. I just feel like I'm just a fucking idiot right now.

what error

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls

Harry Bo21
TrueGamerCalls I know I just made a scripting post eariler but this is on a whole different level of what the fuck. If you looked at my last post, I had a issue with scripting a pap system, with the help of many people I fixed it, and it worked. I added a part to the script that blocks the trigger to be activated until power is on, testing went great then I tried adding it to other switches. Now my issue kicks in, it doesn't give me any errors in the launcher, but when I opened the game, it gave me a console error about "SetHintString" I was curious as fuck so I removed all mentions of what I just did, built, and linked, gave me the same error, wondered what the fuck is happening, built and compiled again, then now its giving me a error on the forest menu of zombies saying there is a issue with "ugx buyable ending" which is a script i'm using with my map. I checked the line it gave me and it was something to do with "SetHintString" keep in mind I never got this error before, and I didn't mess with anything before. I deleted all mentions of said "ugx buyable ending" and now its giving me a error for harry's wunderfizz script, the line is once again dealing with "SentHintString" Can someone tell me what the fuck happened? I don't know what is going on. If I have to reinstall mod tools for the 5th time let it be. I just feel like I'm just a fucking idiot right now. what error

Nvm, the error randomly just fucking fixed it self, it was at the point it would instantly give me a error the second the map started loading, now it just loads without any issues. Thanks for trying to help though.

PS: Harry you're lit

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

TrueGamerCalls
Harry Bo21 TrueGamerCalls I know I just made a scripting post eariler but this is on a whole different level of what the fuck. If you looked at my last post, I had a issue with scripting a pap system, with the help of many people I fixed it, and it worked. I added a part to the script that blocks the trigger to be activated until power is on, testing went great then I tried adding it to other switches. Now my issue kicks in, it doesn't give me any errors in the launcher, but when I opened the game, it gave me a console error about "SetHintString" I was curious as fuck so I removed all mentions of what I just did, built, and linked, gave me the same error, wondered what the fuck is happening, built and compiled again, then now its giving me a error on the forest menu of zombies saying there is a issue with "ugx buyable ending" which is a script i'm using with my map. I checked the line it gave me and it was something to do with "SetHintString" keep in mind I never got this error before, and I didn't mess with anything before. I deleted all mentions of said "ugx buyable ending" and now its giving me a error for harry's wunderfizz script, the line is once again dealing with "SentHintString" Can someone tell me what the fuck happened? I don't know what is going on. If I have to reinstall mod tools for the 5th time let it be. I just feel like I'm just a fucking idiot right now. what error Nvm, the error randomly just fucking fixed it self, it was at the point it would instantly give me a error the second the map started loading, now it just loads without any issues. Thanks for trying to help though. PS: Harry you're lit

lol thanks