Modme Forums

Changing zombie’s eyes to a different particle?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Artleck
So I'm learning in the tools to make custom particles and for my map, I'm curious if changing the particles of the zombies eyes could be for example a curse like fog around the head (or flames) for a different sort of zombie posses feel.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

Artleck
So I'm learning in the tools to make custom particles and for my map, I'm curious if changing the particles of the zombies eyes could be for example a curse like fog around the head (or flames) for a different sort of zombie posses feel.

Sure assuming you mean replacing the eye glow

This goes in your mapname.CSC
#define BLUE_EYE_FX    "frost_iceforge/blue_zombie_eyes"
#precache( "client_fx", BLUE_EYE_FX );

level._override_eye_fx = BLUE_EYE_FX;

and .zone
fx,frost_iceforge/blue_zombie_eyes.efx

-Pulled from iceforge's eye color pack

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Artleck

mathfag
Artleck So I'm learning in the tools to make custom particles and for my map, I'm curious if changing the particles of the zombies eyes could be for example a curse like fog around the head (or flames) for a different sort of zombie posses feel. Sure assuming you mean replacing the eye glow This goes in your mapname.CSC #define BLUE_EYE_FX "frost_iceforge/blue_zombie_eyes" #precache( "client_fx", BLUE_EYE_FX ); level._override_eye_fx = BLUE_EYE_FX; and .zone fx,frost_iceforge/blue_zombie_eyes.efx -Pulled from iceforge's eye color pack

Thanks, I did edit his code a little to work with my custom particle so something like this.
CSC
#define FIRE_HEAD_FX    "Artleck_particles/Zombie_Smoke_head"
#precache( "client_fx", FIRE_HEAD_FX );
ZONE
This should be all fine rigght?
//ZOMBIE FIRE HEAD
fx,Artleck_particles/Zombie_Smoke_head.efx