Modme Forums

Finding the weapon_name of a custom gun

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: belly3031
<em>ray_gun</em>,ray_gun_upgraded,,10000,wpck_ray,,,,,TRUE,FALSE,FALSE,,,FALSE,TRUE,special,TRUE,TRUE,

I want to be able to find out the weapon name for a custom weapon (example: <em>ray_gun).</em>The weapon is setup and everything, I have it in the zone file but I'm adding it to "zm_levelcommon_weapons" but I don't know what the "weapon_name" is for the weapon. Does anyone know where I can look so I can add it to my map. :)

The "ray_gun" part is what I want to find however for my custom weapon (not the ray gun)

Thanks

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula
The "weapon_name" is the literal name of the weapon minus _zm. If you downloaded this weapon and someone asked you to add to your zone:

// Weapon with _zm at the end, in zone, it needs the absolute name.
weapon,sp00ki_scary_weapons_zm
weapon,sp00ki_scary_weapons_upgraded_zm

// Weapon without _zm at the end.
weapon,psh_weapon
weapon,psh_weapon_upgraded

And with those added, an example of the resulting gamedata entries would be:

// Our weapon that had _zm at the end, in ZM besides Zone, we ommit _zm.
sp00ki_scary_weapons,sp00ki_scary_weapons_upgraded,,5000,lmg,,0,,TRUE,TRUE,FALSE,TRUE,0,,FALSE,FALSE,lmg,FALSE,FALSE,

// Our weapon that had  didn&#39;t have _zm at the end,
psh_weapon,psh_weapon_upgraded,,5000,lmg,,0,,TRUE,TRUE,FALSE,TRUE,0,,FALSE,FALSE,lmg,FALSE,FALSE,

You can find the weapon's name in APE as well, as that's the name you use for the zone file.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: belly3031

Scobalula
The "weapon_name" is the literal name of the weapon minus _zm. If you downloaded this weapon and someone asked you to add to your zone: // Weapon with _zm at the end, in zone, it needs the absolute name. weapon,sp00ki_scary_weapons_zm weapon,sp00ki_scary_weapons_upgraded_zm // Weapon without _zm at the end. weapon,psh_weapon weapon,psh_weapon_upgraded And with those added, an example of the resulting gamedata entries would be: // Our weapon that had _zm at the end, in ZM besides Zone, we ommit _zm. sp00ki_scary_weapons,sp00ki_scary_weapons_upgraded,,5000,lmg,,0,,TRUE,TRUE,FALSE,TRUE,0,,FALSE,FALSE,lmg,FALSE,FALSE, // Our weapon that had didn't have _zm at the end, psh_weapon,psh_weapon_upgraded,,5000,lmg,,0,,TRUE,TRUE,FALSE,TRUE,0,,FALSE,FALSE,lmg,FALSE,FALSE, You can find the weapon's name in APE as well, as that's the name you use for the zone file.

Thank you heaps, works perfectly now :)