Modme Forums

Adding a constant fx on a weapon?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: belly3031
How can I add an fx constantly looping on the world model of a weapon?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
Step 1:
Make your fx.

Step 2:
make a .tagfx in APE and add in the fields

Step 3:
Add the tagfx in the weapon file

ModmeBot:

Reply By: belly3031

mathfag
Step 1: Make your fx. Step 2: make a .tagfx in APE and add in the fields Step 3: Add the tagfx in the weapon file

Seems to work perfectly fine when doing the view model, but the world model isn't working. Using the same fx for both btw so it isn't the fx

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

belly3031
mathfag Step 1: Make your fx. Step 2: make a .tagfx in APE and add in the fields Step 3: Add the tagfx in the weapon file Seems to work perfectly fine when doing the view model, but the world model isn't working. Using the same fx for both btw so it isn't the fx

It works fine for me.
Make sure that you update the tags on the fx file because the viewmodel and worldmodel have different tag names. If the fx plays on the ground then this is the fix for you.

ModmeBot:

mathfag
belly3031 mathfag Step 1: Make your fx. Step 2: make a .tagfx in APE and add in the fields Step 3: Add the tagfx in the weapon file Seems to work perfectly fine when doing the view model, but the world model isn't working. Using the same fx for both btw so it isn't the fx It works fine for me. Make sure that you update the tags on the fx file because the viewmodel and worldmodel have different tag names. If the fx plays on the ground then this is the fix for you.

Here's how I've set it out, I have no idea what's wrong

This is the world fx

This is the view fx

This is the weapon fx section

Here's the in game of the view, it works perfectly fine

But then the world fx shows nothing, so I have no idea where I've done wrong.

Both the view and world models have the "tag_flash" tag too btw.
If you can help, awesome! If not then that's okay, thanks for all the help!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

belly3031
mathfag belly3031 mathfag Step 1: Make your fx. Step 2: make a .tagfx in APE and add in the fields Step 3: Add the tagfx in the weapon file Seems to work perfectly fine when doing the view model, but the world model isn't working. Using the same fx for both btw so it isn't the fx It works fine for me. Make sure that you update the tags on the fx file because the viewmodel and worldmodel have different tag names. If the fx plays on the ground then this is the fix for you. Here's how I've set it out, I have no idea what's wrong This is the world fx This is the view fx This is the weapon fx section Here's the in game of the view, it works perfectly fine But then the world fx shows nothing, so I have no idea where I've done wrong. Both the view and world models have the "tag_flash" tag too btw. If you can help, awesome! If not then that's okay, thanks for all the help!

lol its not gonna play on a gun on the floor mate

itll show on the "players" gun while looking in third person...

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
belly3031 mathfag belly3031 mathfag Step 1: Make your fx. Step 2: make a .tagfx in APE and add in the fields Step 3: Add the tagfx in the weapon file Seems to work perfectly fine when doing the view model, but the world model isn't working. Using the same fx for both btw so it isn't the fx It works fine for me. Make sure that you update the tags on the fx file because the viewmodel and worldmodel have different tag names. If the fx plays on the ground then this is the fix for you. Here's how I've set it out, I have no idea what's wrong This is the world fx This is the view fx This is the weapon fx section Here's the in game of the view, it works perfectly fine But then the world fx shows nothing, so I have no idea where I've done wrong. Both the view and world models have the "tag_flash" tag too btw. If you can help, awesome! If not then that's okay, thanks for all the help! lol its not gonna play on a gun on the floor mate itll show on the "players" gun while looking in third person...

So I'm guessing there's no way to play the fx on the ground?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

belly3031
Harry Bo21 belly3031 mathfag belly3031 mathfag Step 1: Make your fx. Step 2: make a .tagfx in APE and add in the fields Step 3: Add the tagfx in the weapon file Seems to work perfectly fine when doing the view model, but the world model isn't working. Using the same fx for both btw so it isn't the fx It works fine for me. Make sure that you update the tags on the fx file because the viewmodel and worldmodel have different tag names. If the fx plays on the ground then this is the fix for you. Here's how I've set it out, I have no idea what's wrong This is the world fx This is the view fx This is the weapon fx section Here's the in game of the view, it works perfectly fine But then the world fx shows nothing, so I have no idea where I've done wrong. Both the view and world models have the "tag_flash" tag too btw. If you can help, awesome! If not then that's okay, thanks for all the help! lol its not gonna play on a gun on the floor mate itll show on the "players" gun while looking in third person... So I'm guessing there's no way to play the fx on the ground?

by script

getEnt the ent and PlayFxOnTag the fx