Modme Forums

gspawn error: no free entities?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: KillJoyYT
Some people have messaged me saying they are getting this error while playing my map.....

it's causing there game to crash and I would really like to resolve this issue... thank you

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

KillJoyYT
Some people have messaged me saying they are getting this error while playing my map..... it's causing there game to crash and I would really like to resolve this issue... thank you

spawning entities but not deleting them, eventually hitting the limit

1024 max entities

you havent said what game, what features or what youve tried. dunno what you expect people to do

ModmeBot:

Reply By: KillJoyYT
my bad... for black ops 3 custom zombies

only 1024 huh.... what is an entity specifically? my first map size was 1gb larger and I never had any problems...

It seems this happens when someone gets a nuke or too many grenades explode....

I've tried a couple things but idk really where to start. should I post my whole script in here?

I do have a lot of doors in my script

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

KillJoyYT
my bad... for black ops 3 custom zombies only 1024 huh.... what is an entity specifically? my first map size was 1gb larger and I never had any problems... It seems this happens when someone gets a nuke or too many grenades explode.... I've tried a couple things but idk really where to start. should I post my whole script in here? I do have a lot of doors in my script

It has nothing to do with your size of the map, it has to do with how many entities are active at once which is 1024.

You'll need to look at how many "entities" you have in Radiant and see where you are spawning them in script but are not deleted when used, also look for cases where for example you can swap out script_origins for script_structs.

Also off-topic to issue but you can reduce those platform functions (14 of them I think?) to 1 with arrays and loops and threading.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: KillJoyYT
how would i get that function down to only one? and do models count as an entity?

so basically everything on the map is an entity?

i have all the platforms for different doors and they all act differently with different trigs and such