Modme Forums

Big question ticket related to scripting

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: meepmeep
<h1 style="text-align:center;">introduction</h1>
Good afternoon everyone.
This weekend, i spended the most time on finding answers related to my map that i have been working on. It contains 4 maps in one and the other usually stuff such as perks etc etc..
Sadly, i wassnt able to find the right needed answer or a tutorial on the web for this. That's why i'm going to explain what my goal is and if anyone here could help me our or lead me to the needed direction for victory.

<h2 style="text-align:center;">The idea/script question one - SOE monorail</h2>
So, my idea was as following. As we all have seen in SOE, we have this awesome train moving around the map. I have readed several times about some origin that i should needed to do. But, if black ops would make a mod tools addon for mods, why cant i find the script or needed information in these files.
on YouTube, a guy managed to get the whole train-system running. it was really good looking and i was looking for something like that. the system should have 4 stations as it goes trough the 4 maps.

<h3 style="text-align:center;">Script question 2 - zombie script question.</h3>
Zombies everywhere.. But, due my lack of knowledge i would not know where to start. The idea what the script should do is spawning zombies nearby the player as well spawning them behind a door when a door is bought open. ( calling it buy-able debris is so 2005 :P ) basically, without working with zones.

<h3 style="text-align:center;">Script question 3 - ( more a question for harrybo21 ) the Perks</h3>
As i respect everyone his work, i prefer always to use the perks from harrybo21. Harry, there is something wrong when drinking the soda's. The arm goes trough the cam for some reason. Could you PvT me on discord? i'm listed on the modme discord called ''koffiekonijntje''
<h3 style="text-align:center;">Script question 4 - Fog.. and i mean a lot of it.</h3>
As i would love to create a wasteland kind of feeling that you are literally getting hunted, one thing it misses is.. special FX. the way people create fog is wicked. but can it combinded with buyable doors? that, when a door is been bought, a explosion of fog would come as a big fire comes out of the room next to it when opening it.

<h3 style="text-align:center;">My map idea - Wasteland ( Not the mw2 one.)</h3>
To prevent any questions. No, its not wasteland from mw2 that i'm working on. As my questions can be answered, you should know the following options i already did. This way, you can give a better answer related to the questions i asked.
The maps are the following up.
1. Nuketown ( ported by asus and released on gamebanana and edited by me )
2. Terminal ( ported by asus and released on gamebanana and edited by me )
3. Highrise ( ported by asus and released on gamebanana and edited by me )
4. Hardhat ( edited by me )
Please note: the edits are addons to the map to make the map smaller, harder and better for zombie related purposes. These maps where actually ported for world at war. If you would be asus from gamebanana and wont like this. Please contact me in person.
> The perk system from harrybo21
> Ported guns from a old download when all guns where 5000 points. if the person would know who made those guns, please comment and ill credit you.
If there are any other questions. Please let me know.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
1 Monorail -

2 Can't be done without zones (well it can, but at the end you'll end up with zones again)

4 Door/debris kvp
script_firefx = fx path

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula
3. I use Harry's perks and can't replicate this issue. I'm 100% sure he uses the stock drinking animation so any issues with the animations aren't his fault, they're Treyarch's fault.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: meepmeep
treyarch? is it with that latest update that the stuff got messed up then?

Scobalula
3. I use Harry's perks and can't replicate this issue. I'm 100% sure he uses the stock drinking animation so any issues with the animations aren't his fault, they're Treyarch's fault.

@matt
The video you sended to me, is that made by you? if so, could you send me a messege on discord? gympie knows of me. ^^

ModmeBot:

meepmeep
treyarch? is it with that latest update that the stuff got messed up then? Scobalula 3. I use Harry's perks and can't replicate this issue. I'm 100% sure he uses the stock drinking animation so any issues with the animations aren't his fault, they're Treyarch's fault. @matt The video you sended to me, is that made by you? if so, could you send me a messege on discord? gympie knows of me. ^^

No, nothing related to that has changed, I cannot replicate the issue even on new builds, it would help to post a video or similar to show what you're talking about.

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
meepmeep treyarch? is it with that latest update that the stuff got messed up then? Scobalula 3. I use Harry's perks and can't replicate this issue. I'm 100% sure he uses the stock drinking animation so any issues with the animations aren't his fault, they're Treyarch's fault. @matt The video you sended to me, is that made by you? if so, could you send me a messege on discord? gympie knows of me. ^^ No, nothing related to that has changed, I cannot replicate the issue even on new builds, it would help to post a video or similar to show what you're talking about.

sure.

Ill start recording and uploading its content to youtube. ill include a link here when i'm done.

thankyou in advance sir.

Edit: added video about perk problem.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

meepmeep
treyarch? is it with that latest update that the stuff got messed up then? Scobalula 3. I use Harry's perks and can't replicate this issue. I'm 100% sure he uses the stock drinking animation so any issues with the animations aren't his fault, they're Treyarch's fault. @matt The video you sended to me, is that made by you? if so, could you send me a messege on discord? gympie knows of me. ^^

Video not by me

ModmeBot:

It looks like you haven't installed them correctly, as you are also missing sounds.

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
It looks like you haven't installed them correctly, as you are also missing sounds.

that's correct indeed. i also missed some sounds. But, as far my knownledge is going, i proper installed them. But it can be something i missed ofc. Ill redo the steps to see what i missed.

EDIT 6-4

I redid all steps over 3 times, sadly i still have no sounds when buying perks as for the player that's been disorientated when buying perk and drinking it. Redownloaded the files, recompiled it 3 times but without success. The only thing i did wrong was that the sound alliases was moved by one line.. but it didnt effected or fixed anything. Also the gumball doenst show the gumballs.

I also tried the demo tutorial mod that ice grenade provided, but let we just dont speak about that. it had the same problems i encountering with my mod. So, my guess is that i'm just not experienced enough to make a proper working mod. ( litterly, i made some maps on waw tho, and i have never been able to proper finish one without having bugs in 4 years. kinda getting the feeling by just leaving it all and just doing some mapping or something. )

EDIT 8-4

After a whole messing around, i choose'd to drop the project, delete the map and start over. Its not only the perk sounds that are missing, but the dog rounds doenst work as well for many others things that needs to be fixed first. ( why doenst devs fix it? >< ) such as for example the sounds of the perk jingles.
With these fixes i need to work on first, i keep it with a small project then it was intended to be first.

[USER=3]@Scobalula[/USER], thankyou for your support in this. Thanks to you, i found out that i missed a lot of tiny things that needs to be fixed first. Going to start working on that. Ill also make sure ur in the credits.

- topic closed-