Modme Forums

Spawning script model through GSC?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: TCM
I want to spawn a script model through the GSC hard coded, So basically when they pick up a perk I want the model to spawn in and I am going to have the animation play on it and them walk and when shot drop the actual perk, Just messing with ideas but not entirely sure how to set the animation on a script model that is hard coded.

Nevermind for anyone that needs help on this as well should be done this way

TestModel = Spawn("script_model", (-447, -548, 0));
    TestModel SetModel("MODELNAME");

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

TCM
I want to spawn a script model through the GSC hard coded, So basically when they pick up a perk I want the model to spawn in and I am going to have the animation play on it and them walk and when shot drop the actual perk, Just messing with ideas but not entirely sure how to set the animation on a script model that is hard coded. Nevermind for anyone that needs help on this as well should be done this way TestModel = Spawn("script_model", (-447, -548, 0)); TestModel SetModel("MODELNAME");

but? you "know your stuff" with GSC?

so now hintstrings, AND spawning models are beyond you?

Two of the basics?

completely wrong use of the term "hard coded" too

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TCM

Harry Bo21
TCM I want to spawn a script model through the GSC hard coded, So basically when they pick up a perk I want the model to spawn in and I am going to have the animation play on it and them walk and when shot drop the actual perk, Just messing with ideas but not entirely sure how to set the animation on a script model that is hard coded. Nevermind for anyone that needs help on this as well should be done this way TestModel = Spawn("script_model", (-447, -548, 0)); TestModel SetModel("MODELNAME"); but? you "know your stuff" with GSC? so now hintstrings, AND spawning models are beyond you?Two of the basics? completely wrong use of the term "hard coded" too

Actually I haven't really messed with GSC, I went to my old Bo2 menu to figure that one out as well as it wasn't used to much in my menu, But again, You like to do nothing but come into threads and talk down to people even though I said moments later I figured it out, If you are mot gonna be helpful then do me a favor move along don't say anything at all once so ever, At this point it is extremely annoying, Thanks.

I am tired of arguing but I am also tired of you replying to every one of my threads AND post with absolutely NO help but only snarky remarks and again comments that are of no help once so ever.

ModmeBot:

there you go with this "no help" crap again when i literally answered every single question you asked before you just didnt "like" the answer

"you" were the one who "claimed to know his shit" about GSC remember

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Harry Bo21
there you go with this "no help" crap again when i literally answered every single question you asked before you just didnt "like" the answer "you" were the one who "claimed to know his shit" about GSC remember

Idk about all the other posts but its true that this time you didn't help him at all, and what you posted was just mean and pointless

Harry Bo21
but? you "know your stuff" with GSC?

so now hintstrings, AND spawning models are beyond you?

Two of the basics?

completely wrong use of the term "hard coded" too

like either help with answering the question or don't, there's no point in leaving a nasty comment like that.

I know you get very annoyed by people's ignorance but what you're doing doesn't help anyone

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
Harry Bo21 there you go with this "no help" crap again when i literally answered every single question you asked before you just didnt "like" the answer "you" were the one who "claimed to know his shit" about GSC remember Idk about all the other posts but its true that this time you didn't help him at all, and what you posted was just mean and pointless Harry Bo21 but? you "know your stuff" with GSC? so now hintstrings, AND spawning models are beyond you?Two of the basics? completely wrong use of the term "hard coded" too like either help with answering the question or don't, there's no point in leaving a nasty comment like that. I know you get very annoyed by people's ignorance but what you're doing doesn't help anyone

your comment was just as pointless

you are such a social justice warrior

I dont care even remotely about your opinion

was nothing "nasty" either just an "observation" - get off your throne

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
Abnormal202 Harry Bo21 there you go with this "no help" crap again when i literally answered every single question you asked before you just didnt "like" the answer "you" were the one who "claimed to know his shit" about GSC remember Idk about all the other posts but its true that this time you didn't help him at all, and what you posted was just mean and pointless Harry Bo21 but? you "know your stuff" with GSC? so now hintstrings, AND spawning models are beyond you?Two of the basics? completely wrong use of the term "hard coded" too like either help with answering the question or don't, there's no point in leaving a nasty comment like that. I know you get very annoyed by people's ignorance but what you're doing doesn't help anyone your comment was just as pointless you are such a social justice warrior I dont care even remotely about your opinion was nothing "nasty" either just an "observation" - get off your throne

my throne? I'm sorry I'm defending this poor kid you've basically been harassing on Modme for the last month. I wasn't gonna do it originally but you just kept on making fun of him, and I thought enough was enough.

Don't throw that bullshit "it was just an observation". Your comments are so caustically worded and condescending to just be an "observation".

Also this: "I dont care even remotely about your opinion". C'mon, if you replied to this post, it means you care, even if it is just slightly.

Bottom Line: These forums are for helping people. What you are doing is not helping people, and causing nothing but toxicity. It's in the frigging Modme rules for cryin' out loud:

Criticism should be constructive and based on a modder's work, but what you said was neither.

I'm no SJW, I understand that tough love can be important sometimes, but this is just not the place for it. I don't think TCM is going to want to become any better of a modder just because you keep insulting his intelligence and acting like you can't believe basic scripting things are "beyond him". If anything it's highly discouraging, and would most likely make people want to stop modding, not try to improve themselves.

I know you hate it more than anything for someone else to tell you what to do or say that what you did is wrong, I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say I'm on my "high horse". I'm sorry if this comes off like I'm acting like a parent scolding a child, but I just felt like I had to say something, cause you keep doing this shit. Just let it go, Harry.

You are an inspiration to me, but I just wish you'd play nicer with others.

ModmeBot:

He’s the one who said he is “well versed” in gsc so yes the fact he’s caught out by a simple function and I pointed the inconsistency out is a “observation”. I merely showed my confusion to a “experienced scripter” not being able to use simple functions that are fully documented in the api and have literally always existed. And “helped” by pointing out that’s not what “hard coded” means. Sorry you don’t like that I voiced how this confused me, I feel for you. I’ll light a candle

twice ive posted so don’t bullshit this “all month” crap. You even said right before “I don’t know about the other posts”

i broke no rule i didnt insult him at all

yes you are a sjw - that’s why your leaping to the “poor guy”s defence despite it being

a - none of your business
b - his own fault because I tried to help him and infact did on like 10 different topics and he responded by insulting ME co he didn’t like the literal answers

get real abnormal. You keep sticking your nose in anything I do just like you claim I’m doing to him. If your concerned contact the staff otherwise I don’t give a shit about your need to pretend to be the defender of the people

sjw - just like when you reuploaded MY work coz you decided me keeping it to myself was unfair. If you can’t handle the modding community - stay out of it

stop pretending you are the embodiment of goodness and what everyone else should be and stop commenting on my “tough love” coz frankly I find that as insulting as you claim I’m being to him

i have the wins and ugx respect that I do because of how much I help and I don’t give two shits if you don’t “approve” of “how” I do it

also forums are for “discussion” - there is no rule that you may only speak if you are providing an answer. Check your facts

ModmeBot:

COOL.

nice chat.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

Harry Bo21
He’s the one who said he is “well versed” in gsc so yes the fact he’s caught out by a simple function and I pointed the inconsistency out is a “observation”. I merely showed my confusion to a “experienced scripter” not being able to use simple functions that are fully documented in the api and have literally always existed. And “helped” by pointing out that’s not what “hard coded” means. Sorry you don’t like that I voiced how this confused me, I feel for you. I’ll light a candle twice ive posted so don’t bullshit this “all month” crap. You even said right before “I don’t know about the other posts” i broke no rule i didnt insult him at all yes you are a sjw - that’s why your leaping to the “poor guy”s defence despite it being a - none of your business b - his own fault because I tried to help him and infact did on like 10 different topics and he responded by insulting ME co he didn’t like the literal answers get real abnormal. You keep sticking your nose in anything I do just like you claim I’m doing to him. If your concerned contact the staff otherwise I don’t give a shit about your need to pretend to be the defender of the people sjw - just like when you reuploaded MY work coz you decided me keeping it to myself was unfair. If you can’t handle the modding community - stay out of it stop pretending you are the embodiment of goodness and what everyone else should be and stop commenting on my “tough love” coz frankly I find that as insulting as you claim I’m being to him i have the wins and ugx respect that I do because of how much I help and I don’t give two shits if you don’t “approve” of “how” I do it also forums are for “discussion” - there is no rule that you may only speak if you are providing an answer. Check your facts

*adds fuel*