Modme Forums

How do I make a two way zone/door?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Vekah
I would like my map to be similar to Kino der toten, in the sense that you can choose to go different ways from spawn.
My problem is I don't know how to make a door be able to open one zone from one side, and another zone from the other side.
For example, how can you make it so you can go all the way around the map clockwise, as well as doing it anti-clockwise if you want to.
I've looked everywhere and can't find how to do this, thanks :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
When you put this line in your mapname.gsc:

zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone", "zone1", "zone_start-1");

It means that the two zones, "start_zone" and "zone1" are considered adjacent, or touching. When the flag "zone_start-1" is called (for example by a zombie door), both zones are activated. Therefore it doesn't matter whether the player is coming from "start_zone" into "zone1" or "zone1" into "start_zone", both zones will be activated, even if one is already active.

so it's really as simple as having a trigger on either side of the zombie_door sharing the same flag with each other.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Vekah

Abnormal202
When you put this line in your mapname.gsc: zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone", "zone1", "zone_start-1"); It means that the two zones, "start_zone" and "zone1" are considered adjacent, or touching. When the flag "zone_start-1" is called (for example by a zombie door), both zones are activated. Therefore it doesn't matter whether the player is coming from "start_zone" into "zone1" or "zone1" into "start_zone", both zones will be activated, even if one is already active. so it's really as simple as having a trigger on either side of the zombie_door sharing the same flag with each other.

Thanks so much man! Also, would even be worth making a map at this point? (I'm not sure if bo4 will have mod tools?)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Vekah
Abnormal202 When you put this line in your mapname.gsc: zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone", "zone1", "zone_start-1"); It means that the two zones, "start_zone" and "zone1" are considered adjacent, or touching. When the flag "zone_start-1" is called (for example by a zombie door), both zones are activated. Therefore it doesn't matter whether the player is coming from "start_zone" into "zone1" or "zone1" into "start_zone", both zones will be activated, even if one is already active. so it's really as simple as having a trigger on either side of the zombie_door sharing the same flag with each other. Thanks so much man! Also, would even be worth making a map at this point? (I'm not sure if bo4 will have mod tools?)

if Bo4 does have modtools (which it probably won't) it's safe to assume they won't release them til at least a year after Bo4 is released. They don't want to provide modtools during their DLC season. So I wouldn't worry about that.