Modme Forums

Can’t play my map, it gets an error

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Christians_Gaming
Everytime I start up my map in mod tools or black ops 3. it goes back to the menu with an error.
Can someone help pls?

Christian.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: modric
does it give an error in launcher when compiling?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
How are we supposed to help you if we dont know what the error is

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ChristiansGaming
First of all here's is my launcher: https://pastelink.net/g7xe

And second my error is: ERROR - 0x28ed8192
Sry I didn't say what the error was. I was late on school so I had to be quick ;)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K
start by removing your wallbuy's then as the linker states

delete the prefabs with no prefabs and models ??
Entity 681 misc_prefab at (175 719 158) has no model, Prefab '_prefabs/default_missing_prefab.map' not found
Load with Error File in Radiant and fix that mess

ModmeBot:

D-2-K
start by removing your wallbuy's then as the linker states delete the prefabs with no prefabs and models ?? Entity 681 misc_prefab at (175 719 158) has no model, Prefab '_prefabs/default_missing_prefab.map' not found Load with Error File in Radiant and fix that mess dont worry about the (not a valid physpreset asset) although you can fix these in ape but it does not crash the map and omg boy do you ever fix anything when the linker shows you issues bloody hell have a look at the zombie models by the looks of things your using ethrocks models you might be missing his shared assets as most of the errors their are to do with the heads REMOVE WARDOGS PERKS ALSO THEY SUCK so to me just looking at this you have either added all of this at once without testing or if you didn't and added things over a period of time u didn't bother to fix any issues cozomg that taken almost my entire lunch break to read through and type this out try these steps let us know how you get on If anyone else sees something that i missed let him know i need to get back to this pishy job feckin working sudays sucks

Well I can't remove my prefabs.. They are just red boxes and I can't select them..

BTW it's because I moved my map to another mapfile.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

ChristiansGaming
D-2-K start by removing your wallbuy's then as the linker states delete the prefabs with no prefabs and models ?? Entity 681 misc_prefab at (175 719 158) has no model, Prefab '_prefabs/default_missing_prefab.map' not found Load with Error File in Radiant and fix that mess dont worry about the (not a valid physpreset asset) although you can fix these in ape but it does not crash the map and omg boy do you ever fix anything when the linker shows you issues bloody hell have a look at the zombie models by the looks of things your using ethrocks models you might be missing his shared assets as most of the errors their are to do with the heads REMOVE WARDOGS PERKS ALSO THEY SUCK so to me just looking at this you have either added all of this at once without testing or if you didn't and added things over a period of time u didn't bother to fix any issues cozomg that taken almost my entire lunch break to read through and type this out try these steps let us know how you get on If anyone else sees something that i missed let him know i need to get back to this pishy job feckin working sudays sucks Well I can't remove my prefabs.. They are just red boxes and I can't select them.. BTW it's because I moved my map to another mapfile.

drag a brush around the red box and select inside or goto your entity list and select it from there

ModmeBot:

D-2-K
ChristiansGaming D-2-K start by removing your wallbuy's then as the linker states delete the prefabs with no prefabs and models ?? Entity 681 misc_prefab at (175 719 158) has no model, Prefab '_prefabs/default_missing_prefab.map' not found Load with Error File in Radiant and fix that mess dont worry about the (not a valid physpreset asset) although you can fix these in ape but it does not crash the map and omg boy do you ever fix anything when the linker shows you issues bloody hell have a look at the zombie models by the looks of things your using ethrocks models you might be missing his shared assets as most of the errors their are to do with the heads REMOVE WARDOGS PERKS ALSO THEY SUCK so to me just looking at this you have either added all of this at once without testing or if you didn't and added things over a period of time u didn't bother to fix any issues cozomg that taken almost my entire lunch break to read through and type this out try these steps let us know how you get on If anyone else sees something that i missed let him know i need to get back to this pishy job feckin working sudays sucks Well I can't remove my prefabs.. They are just red boxes and I can't select them.. BTW it's because I moved my map to another mapfile. drag a brush around the red box and select inside or goto your entity list and select it from there

Still wont work.. I mean I can delete the prefabs, but I still get the error

ModmeBot:

Reply By: XxRaPiDK3LLERxX

ChristiansGaming
D-2-K ChristiansGaming D-2-K start by removing your wallbuy's then as the linker states delete the prefabs with no prefabs and models ?? Entity 681 misc_prefab at (175 719 158) has no model, Prefab '_prefabs/default_missing_prefab.map' not found Load with Error File in Radiant and fix that mess dont worry about the (not a valid physpreset asset) although you can fix these in ape but it does not crash the map and omg boy do you ever fix anything when the linker shows you issues bloody hell have a look at the zombie models by the looks of things your using ethrocks models you might be missing his shared assets as most of the errors their are to do with the heads REMOVE WARDOGS PERKS ALSO THEY SUCK so to me just looking at this you have either added all of this at once without testing or if you didn't and added things over a period of time u didn't bother to fix any issues cozomg that taken almost my entire lunch break to read through and type this out try these steps let us know how you get on If anyone else sees something that i missed let him know i need to get back to this pishy job feckin working sudays sucks Well I can't remove my prefabs.. They are just red boxes and I can't select them.. BTW it's because I moved my map to another mapfile. drag a brush around the red box and select inside or goto your entity list and select it from there Still wont work.. I mean I can delete the prefabs, but I still get the error

If I remember correctly the error you're facing is something to do with the way your *lay out* of the important volumes/brushes such as sun_volume, umbra_volume etc. there's a specific way to lay them out, if you don't do it correctly then this issue occur.

This is how you sort it out:

The Sky brushes come first, inside of every sky brush, sun_volume, the main volume that creates lighting to your map (unless you like pure black and white O_o), make sure this brush/volume isn't touching exactly with the sky brushes, nor is it going passed through any sky brushes, then umbra_volume should be inside of the sun_volume, not touching the sun_volume nor isn't going passed the width or height of the sun_volume.

Under umbra comes FPSTool 60 or DIE! (I'm guessing it's like a death barrier similar to where the player go into a zone that isn't activated except this happens when you go out of bounds), again it should not be making contact with umbra volume nor it being more bigger than umbra_volume (All angles).

Then you can put any other volumes (BUT MAKE SURE THEY DON'T GO THROUGH FPSTOOL60 OR DIE), I don't think it matters which order you put the volumes after you did the important ones.

Once done, compile link and light then check.

(FYI usually these mistakes happens if you're first time map maker, once you have enough experience in radiant, it should be hard to encounter this issue)

ModmeBot:

XxRaPiDK3LLERxX
ChristiansGaming D-2-K ChristiansGaming D-2-K start by removing your wallbuy's then as the linker states delete the prefabs with no prefabs and models ?? Entity 681 misc_prefab at (175 719 158) has no model, Prefab '_prefabs/default_missing_prefab.map' not found Load with Error File in Radiant and fix that mess dont worry about the (not a valid physpreset asset) although you can fix these in ape but it does not crash the map and omg boy do you ever fix anything when the linker shows you issues bloody hell have a look at the zombie models by the looks of things your using ethrocks models you might be missing his shared assets as most of the errors their are to do with the heads REMOVE WARDOGS PERKS ALSO THEY SUCK so to me just looking at this you have either added all of this at once without testing or if you didn't and added things over a period of time u didn't bother to fix any issues cozomg that taken almost my entire lunch break to read through and type this out try these steps let us know how you get on If anyone else sees something that i missed let him know i need to get back to this pishy job feckin working sudays sucks Well I can't remove my prefabs.. They are just red boxes and I can't select them.. BTW it's because I moved my map to another mapfile. drag a brush around the red box and select inside or goto your entity list and select it from there Still wont work.. I mean I can delete the prefabs, but I still get the error If I remember correctly the error you're facing is something to do with the way your *lay out* of the important volumes/brushes such as sun_volume, umbra_volume etc. there's a specific way to lay them out, if you don't do it correctly then this issue occur. This is how you sort it out: The Sky brushes come first, inside of every sky brush, sun_volume, the main volume that creates lighting to your map (unless you like pure black and white O_o), make sure this brush/volume isn't touching exactly with the sky brushes, nor is it going passed through any sky brushes, then umbra_volume should be inside of the sun_volume, not touching the sun_volume nor isn't going passed the width or height of the sun_volume. Under umbra comes FPSTool 60 or DIE! (I'm guessing it's like a death barrier similar to where the player go into a zone that isn't activated except this happens when you go out of bounds), again it should not be making contact with umbra volume nor it being more bigger than umbra_volume (All angles). Then you can put any other volumes (BUT MAKE SURE THEY DON'T GO THROUGH FPSTOOL60 OR DIE), I don't think it matters which order you put the volumes after you did the important ones. Once done, compile link and light then check. (FYI usually these mistakes happens if you're first time map maker, once you have enough experience in radiant, it should be hard to encounter this issue)

Still won't work.. But thanks :)