Modme Forums

Placing Models in Stock Maps

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: MrTombone8
As the title says, I'm a shit scripter so if you can explain it. I would like to place models in stock maps like the BO1 mod where he placed PHD around all the maps but only the model.
If someone could help I would be gratefull

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
For spawning models you can use:

model = util::spawn_model( "model_alias", location );

As for the location, that's the tricky part. You'll have to find a way to get the location of where you want to place the model in the map somehow. I did this by using a mod that I scripted that gives you a ton of money, and the ability to print your current location/angles in the map. You can use the mod I made if you want, or just make your own, it's not too hard.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

Abnormal202
For spawning models you can use: model = util::spawn_model( "model_alias", location ); As for the location, that's the tricky part. You'll have to find a way to get the location of where you want to place the model in the map somehow. I did this by using a mod that I scripted that gives you a ton of money, and the ability to print your current location/angles in the map. You can use the mod I made if you want, or just make your own, it's not too hard.

util::spawn_model( "model_alias", v,location, v_angles );

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MrTombone8
Thanks both

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
Abnormal202 For spawning models you can use: model = util::spawn_model( "model_alias", location ); As for the location, that's the tricky part. You'll have to find a way to get the location of where you want to place the model in the map somehow. I did this by using a mod that I scripted that gives you a ton of money, and the ability to print your current location/angles in the map. You can use the mod I made if you want, or just make your own, it's not too hard. util::spawn_model( "model_alias", v,location, v_angles );

Could you explain on where I put that line, and how to get it to work?
I tried my self but didnt get it to work

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

MrTombone8
Harry Bo21 Abnormal202 For spawning models you can use: model = util::spawn_model( "model_alias", location ); As for the location, that's the tricky part. You'll have to find a way to get the location of where you want to place the model in the map somehow. I did this by using a mod that I scripted that gives you a ton of money, and the ability to print your current location/angles in the map. You can use the mod I made if you want, or just make your own, it's not too hard. util::spawn_model( "model_alias", v,location, v_angles ); Could you explain on where I put that line, and how to get it to work?I tried my self but didnt get it to work

You'll need to show your code so we can see where you went wrong. When it comes to making a mod for zombies maps, you'll need a "hook" of some kind so you can "inject" your edits, usually people use the double points scripts, _load, etc.

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
MrTombone8 Harry Bo21 Abnormal202 For spawning models you can use: model = util::spawn_model( "model_alias", location ); As for the location, that's the tricky part. You'll have to find a way to get the location of where you want to place the model in the map somehow. I did this by using a mod that I scripted that gives you a ton of money, and the ability to print your current location/angles in the map. You can use the mod I made if you want, or just make your own, it's not too hard. util::spawn_model( "model_alias", v,location, v_angles ); Could you explain on where I put that line, and how to get it to work?I tried my self but didnt get it to work You'll need to show your code so we can see where you went wrong. When it comes to making a mod for zombies maps, you'll need a "hook" of some kind so you can "inject" your edits, usually people use the double points scripts, _load, etc.

The model and location are just placeholders, The black_hole model is a large object so i can notice if its in the map

#using scripts\shared\util_shared;
/* |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Models
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| */

function main()
{
util::spawn_model( "black_hole", (1,1,1), (1,1,1));
}