Modme Forums

Want all players to be in a room before starting an EE part

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ltschase
So for this part of an EE I am doing, I want to make all players have to be in the room for the part to start. I am guessing this would be done with one of the trigger types covering the area I want them to be inside of, and then obviously the script will need to use the player count to determine if the amount of players within that trigger is equal to the player count. I just don't know how to find how many players are within the trigger, or which trigger type to use (assuming the correct method is to use a trigger).
Thanks ahead of time for any help.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
Trigger_multiples or trigger_radii are what you would use to check if an entity is inside a trigger. You can use those and the IsTouching() function.

However, trigger_multiples also come with an optional KVP in radiant that is something like "require all players". If this box is checked the trigger will trigger if all players are touching it at the same time. You could then maybe check "trigger once" if you only need it to happen one time.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ltschase

Abnormal202
Trigger_multiples or trigger_radii are what you would use to check if an entity is inside a trigger. You can use those and the IsTouching() function. However, trigger_multiples also come with an optional KVP in radiant that is something like "require all players". If this box is checked the trigger will trigger if all players are touching it at the same time. You could then maybe check "trigger once" if you only need it to happen one time.

Thanks. Used the multiples trigger, and everything seems to be working well.