Modme Forums

Play music when turning on power?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: kingkenny
Hello!

I tried to make a script to play a sound/music when turning on the power but it doesn't work.

I tried this (the first line is in my function main)

thread init_power();

function init_power()
{
    level flag::wait_till("power_on");
    thread zm_utility::really_play_2D_sound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS");
}
but it didn't work.

can anyone help me with this?

thank you very much!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: QuentinN33

kingkenny
Hello!I tried to make a script to play a sound/music when turning on the power but it doesn't work.I tried this (the first line is in my function main) thread init_power(); function init_power() { level flag::wait_till("power_on"); thread zm_utility::really_play_2D_sound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS"); } but it didn't work.can anyone help me with this?thank you very much!

self Playsound("aliases");

ModmeBot:

Reply By: kingkenny

QuentinN33
self Playsound("aliases");

thank you for your reply.

that didn't work.
i tried self playsound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS") and self playlocalsound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS") but there is still no sound when turning on the power.
i also tried a non-custom soundalias to make sure that it's not my file that doesn't work but no, even then i had no sound.

this is my current function init_power()
function init_power()
{
    level flag::wait_till("power_on");
    level util::set_lighting_state(2);
    self PlaySound( "mus_gameover_intro" );
    // thread zm_utility::really_play_2D_sound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS");
}

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
I have used this in the past so if it doesn't work it's on you

function sound_on_power()
{
level waittill("power_on");

foreach(player in GetPlayers())
	{

player PlayLocalSound("power_on_mus");
 		IPrintLnBold("sound");

}
}	

ModmeBot:

Reply By: QuentinN33

<ul>
<li style="font-style:italic;">mathfag</li>
</ul>
I have used this in the past so if it doesn't work it's on you function sound_on_power() { level waittill("power_on"); foreach(player in GetPlayers()) { player PlayLocalSound("power_on_mus"); IPrintLnBold("sound"); } }

But this will play for all players , not for one ? And it wasn’t working because nobody was called to play the function ^^

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TheJaguarPlays

kingkenny
QuentinN33 self Playsound("aliases"); thank you for your reply. that didn't work. i tried self playsound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS") and self playlocalsound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS") but there is still no sound when turning on the power.i also tried a non-custom soundalias to make sure that it's not my file that doesn't work but no, even then i had no sound.this is my current function init_power() function init_power() { level flag::wait_till("power_on"); level util::set_lighting_state(2); self PlaySound( "mus_gameover_intro" ); // thread zm_utility::really_play_2D_sound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS"); }

Okay just making sure at 1 thing, are you also 100% sure your sound was actually added in your csv and also that it linked in your launcher like when you compile your map? that could also be the problem xd

ModmeBot:

mathfag
I have used this in the past so if it doesn't work it's on you function sound_on_power() { level waittill("power_on"); foreach(player in GetPlayers()) { player PlayLocalSound("power_on_mus"); IPrintLnBold("sound"); } }

perfect, this works!

Thank you! <3

ModmeBot:

One more thing,

I would like to take this thing a step further.
Is it possible to have a script that when a player joins the lobby (through server browser) after the game has already started will check if the power is on and if yes it will play a sound but only for the player that joined?

btw where do you guys find all these script functions?
is there a list or did you have to find everything out by yourself?

Thank you for any answer!

ModmeBot:

kingkenny
One more thing, I would like to take this thing a step further. Is it possible to have a script that when a player joins the lobby (through server browser) after the game has already started will check if the power is on and if yes it will play a sound but only for the player that joined?btw where do you guys find all these script functions?is there a list or did you have to find everything out by yourself?Thank you for any answer!

Put this somewhere so it runs when the map loads (function main())
callback::on_connect(&amp;power_func);

and this wherever
function power_func() //self = player
{
if(flag::get("power_on"))
	{
	self PlayLocalSound("power_on_mus");
	}
}
*didn't test*

You can find functions here (click on the D-pad next to the search box and select bo3)
or you can find a lot of useful functions in share\raw\scripts\zm\_zm_utility.gsc
also you learn through experience

ModmeBot:

Awesome, thank you!
You will definitely be at the top of the credits of my next map.
And also thanks for the link, helps me a lot!

ModmeBot:

mathfag
kingkenny One more thing, I would like to take this thing a step further. Is it possible to have a script that when a player joins the lobby (through server browser) after the game has already started will check if the power is on and if yes it will play a sound but only for the player that joined?btw where do you guys find all these script functions?is there a list or did you have to find everything out by yourself?Thank you for any answer! Put this somewhere so it runs when the map loads (function main()) callback::on_connect(&power_func); and this wherever function power_func() //self = player { if(flag::get("power_on")) { self PlayLocalSound("power_on_mus"); } } *didn't test* You can find functions here (click on the D-pad next to the search box and select bo3) or you can find a lot of useful functions in share\raw\scripts\zm\_zm_utility.gsc also you learn through experience

so i tried this out now and it seems like it starts playing as soon as the map has loaded even though the power is not on

any idea why that happens?

ModmeBot:

kingkenny
mathfag kingkenny One more thing, I would like to take this thing a step further. Is it possible to have a script that when a player joins the lobby (through server browser) after the game has already started will check if the power is on and if yes it will play a sound but only for the player that joined?btw where do you guys find all these script functions?is there a list or did you have to find everything out by yourself?Thank you for any answer! Put this somewhere so it runs when the map loads (function main()) callback::on_connect(&power_func); and this wherever function power_func() //self = player { if(flag::get("power_on")) { self PlayLocalSound("power_on_mus"); } } *didn't test* You can find functions here (click on the D-pad next to the search box and select bo3) or you can find a lot of useful functions in share\raw\scripts\zm\_zm_utility.gsc also you learn through experience so i tried this out now and it seems like it starts playing as soon as the map has loaded even though the power is not onany idea why that happens?

You can remove all of
function sound_on_power()

update:
{
if(level flag::exists("power_on") &amp;&amp; level flag::get("power_on"))
	{
	self PlayLocalSound("kino_teleport_2d");
	}

}

ModmeBot:

mathfag
kingkenny mathfag kingkenny One more thing, I would like to take this thing a step further. Is it possible to have a script that when a player joins the lobby (through server browser) after the game has already started will check if the power is on and if yes it will play a sound but only for the player that joined?btw where do you guys find all these script functions?is there a list or did you have to find everything out by yourself?Thank you for any answer! Put this somewhere so it runs when the map loads (function main()) callback::on_connect(&power_func); and this wherever function power_func() //self = player { if(flag::get("power_on")) { self PlayLocalSound("power_on_mus"); } } *didn't test* You can find functions here (click on the D-pad next to the search box and select bo3) or you can find a lot of useful functions in share\raw\scripts\zm\_zm_utility.gsc also you learn through experience so i tried this out now and it seems like it starts playing as soon as the map has loaded even though the power is not onany idea why that happens? You can remove all of function sound_on_power() update: function power_func() //self = player { if(level flag::exists("power_on") && level flag::get("power_on")) { self PlayLocalSound("kino_teleport_2d"); } level waittill("power_on"); self PlayLocalSound("kino_teleport_2d"); }

i tried this out now but it seems like there is now no sound at all when turning on the power. (yes i did thread the new function)

But i don't think "self playLocalSound" works at all because that was the first thing i tried when i wanted to play music when turning on the power, but when i simply added "self playLocalSound" to the init_power function earlier it didn't work.

any ideas?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xdferpc
try with this:

{
level.playSoundLocation PlaySound("kino_teleport_2d");
	{
	}

}

ModmeBot:

i think the problem lies within the line:

i tried out the following
{
	{
 	IPrintLnBold("AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA");
	self PlayLocalSound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS");
	}

self PlayLocalSound("MY_SOUND_ALIAS");
}
but neither me nor my friend had the IPrintLnBold-text on the screen.