Modme Forums

Moon Porting

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: AUsernameLz443
Hi, I'm planning on porting the Moon hacker tool. I've never seen a hacker port from Moon before in all these years. I think there is more to it then just an average port. Is this correct or is the hacker just not interesting enough to port?
Note: This is not a port request

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ihmiskeho
For the animations and models no problem.

The issue is the scripting part. The hacker requires so many modifications/rewrites to so many scripts. There are so many things you have to modify and so much that can go wrong it´s just not worth the effort for most us.

Similarly how afterlife is so rare in customs. It´s not that people don´t like it, it just that it requires modifications to laststand, perks and so much more.

With that being said, it is possible and there are people who have done the scripts for the hacker (in World at War, not sure about BO3), but it´s a much greater task than a simple weapon port.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AUsernameLz443

ihmiskeho
For the animations and models no problem. The issue is the scripting part. The hacker requires so many modifications/rewrites to so many scripts. There are so many things you have to modify and so much that can go wrong it´s just not worth the effort for most us. Similarly how afterlife is so rare in customs. It´s not that people don´t like it, it just that it requires modifications to laststand, perks and so much more. With that being said, it is possible and there are people who have done the scripts for the hacker (in World at War, not sure about BO3), but it´s a much greater task than a simple weapon port.

I get it now. That would make sense. You'd have to modify barriers, score, perk machines, mystery box, powerups...
Well, thank you very much for the answer.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
except the hacker was in both bo1 and bo3 so likely the code is already there

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AUsernameLz443

Harry Bo21
except the hacker was in both bo1 and bo3 so likely the code is already there

I see. Though this makes it easier, I don't think it would be worth for my time, either.
I am planning on porting the zap gun. However, again I see no ports of this for black ops 3. Before I accidentally waste my time, are there any 'special' scriptings involved for the zap gun? Or has it already been ported via BO3?