Modme Forums

How do you make a perk bottle weapon?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Jacobsmob
For the last few days I've been trying to make my own perk. I've searched for quite some time to find how to make a perk bottle weapon but cant find any reliable source so I'm hopping this community is able to help.

I mostly need to know what asset to select and how to set up the drinking animation properly, Thank you.

EDIT: Oh, this is for black ops 3 btw.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

JacobsmobFor the last few days I've been trying to make my own perk. I've searched for quite some time to find how to make a perk bottle weapon but cant find any reliable source so I'm hopping this community is able to help.

I mostly need to know what asset to select and how to set up the drinking animation properly, Thank you.

You'll need to rip an example bottle and anims I believe as they weren't provided, just use Wraith to grab them, that will get you started.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Jacobsmob

DTZxPorter
JacobsmobFor the last few days I've been trying to make my own perk. I've searched for quite some time to find how to make a perk bottle weapon but cant find any reliable source so I'm hopping this community is able to help.

You'll need to rip an example bottle and anims I believe as they weren't provided, just use Wraith to grab them, that will get you started.

Yes. I've get this part down, but I don't now how to make the weapon part of it. Making the bottle animation(when you drink) requires a weapon with the drink animation(I think) I just don't know where to put that and what weapon asset is appropriate.

I've actually moved on and am just going to make the code from scratch without using all the perk certifications and things the game gives you. Without a ref for making perks using the things they give you, its too hard for me to tell what I need to do. Thank you for trying to help :D

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xSanchez78
It's simply making a weapon file that has the view model set to the perk bottle and the raise animation's set to the drink animation. You make this in APE and include it using weapon,zombie_perk_bottle_<whatever you="" named="" it=""> and use that name in your perk's script.</whatever>

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ItalianMilkMan

I need some help with this aswell. Ive ported the drinking, idle and lower animations for the BO1 perk bottle, and i've ported the perk bottle world and view model. I have everything ready, I just need to put everything into a weapon file. I know that the weapon file needs to be a grenade weapon, but I do not know where to put my animations under (Do I put them as first raise? Raise? Empty Raise?) and what settings to change and are there any box's that I need to tick in the weapon file.