Modme Forums

How do I make attachments work with guns?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

ModmeBot:

Thread By: xSanchez78
I know that there are attachment unique tables and I've set one up for the reflex sight on the galil, but how would I include those in zone_source or how would I link them to the actual weapon file?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: m1cke
i'm having problems to please somone help

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xSanchez78
I've found a setting called Attachment Unique Base, how do I use it?

ModmeBot:

This topic has been posted for a whole month and no one has replied

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile

xSanchez78This topic has been posted for a whole month and no one has replied

And what does that tell you? If people don't reply, they don't know it.

No need to state the obvious.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dkamasta

tried this also a lot, got it to work only for main user.

There are tutorials out there to go in offline mode, select all attachments and bobblegums (anti thesis for example)

and then go players folder zombie stats offline and copy those files into your map/mod folders.

Then YOU have them, everyone else dont. I tried add them into box files or into zone file, for others.

I have a LAN at home with 4 pcs, so can check if works in mod, but cant get it to work then only option 1

all my 4 pcs have attachments for all guns now but with the offline workaround.

I also really would like to know how to add this into zone/box file.

moto moto

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ping998

dkamasta

tried this also a lot, got it to work only for main user.

There are tutorials out there to go in offline mode, select all attachments and bobblegums (anti thesis for example)

and then go players folder zombie stats offline and copy those files into your map/mod folders.

Then YOU have them, everyone else dont. I tried add them into box files or into zone file, for others.

I have a LAN at home with 4 pcs, so can check if works in mod, but cant get it to work then only option 1

all my 4 pcs have attachments for all guns now but with the offline workaround.

I also really would like to know how to add this into zone/box file.

moto moto

From what I know, to add attachments to guns you would need to cut/paste the file "zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv" from root/share/raw/gamedata/weapons/zm to root/usermaps/zm_YOURMAPNAME/gamedata/weapons/zm (if you don't have the folders, create them - but make sure they are named EXACTLY the same as in raw)

Open the file up and you should see a bunch of guns, this determines what's in the box, edit as you see fit. HOWEVER, if you look at, say, the Banshii shotgun:

shotgun_energy,shotgun_energy_upgraded,,5000,shotgun,,,,,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,0,,FALSE,FALSE,shotgun,,,holo quickdraw stalker_shotgun

You can see at the end, the list of attachments is being shown. This may/may not work, but if you change the end parts of YOUR GUN's part of the .csv you might be able to add attachments.

Just make sure this is also in your map's zone file:

stringtable,gamedata/weapons/zm/zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv

Hope this helps!

ModmeBot:

That list at the end is a list of forced attachments, meaning you get them when you get the gun straight out of the box. Has nothing to do with setting them up in APE

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Gash

xSanchez78

That list at the end is a list of forced attachments, meaning you get them when you get the gun straight out of the box. Has nothing to do with setting them up in APE

This is what ive been doing;

BO1 weapons, attachments are already on the weapon its just a case of hiding the selected tags in the weaponfile.

On the other CODs from what ive experienced you have to export the attachment, create the xmodel file and when it comes to the weaponfile set up the additional models like red dot sights, silencers, etc under attachments.

Example

Model Preview in APE

In game example