Modme Forums

Dual Wield Weapons

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

ModmeBot:

Thread By: AA191
How do I make APE Identify a weapon I ported over as Dual Wield? I took care of the xanims, but I'm not too sure on what to do from here.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xSanchez78
Make a new bulletweapon, example name: m1911dw_zm. Set the PlayerAnimType to dualwield. Give it all the stats that the right weapon has ( models, animations, etc ). Then make a new dualwieldbulletweapon, example name m1911lh_zm. Set the inventory type to dwlefthand. Make sure the PlayerAnimType is set to dualwield, too. Give it all the stats of the left hand weapons ( left hand model, left hand anims, etc ). For the ammo, you can make different clip sizes, but your stock count HAS to be the same, but if in your first bulletweapon, you set it to clip count relative, meaning the number you put in the MaxAmmo and StartAmmo slot is multiplied by the clip to make the actual ammo amount, you cannot do this for the left hand weapon. You have to enter the actual amount of ammo. So lets say for my dual wield M1911, in the right hand file I put, Clip Size -> 8, Max Ammo -> 10, and it's Clip Count Relative, it will have 80 ammo. For the left hand weapon, you would put 80, because it isn't Clip Count Relative. The ammo amount's have to equal, otherwise the left hand reloading won't work properly. Once you've done all that, go to the first file, and find the Dual Wield Weapon Name setting. In this, you will put the left hand's weapon name WITHOUT "_zm" at the end. So if my left hand is called m1911lh_zm, I will put m1911lh in Dual Wield Weapon Name. In the left hand file, you will do the same for the original file. Since my original file is called m1911dw_zm, I would put m1911dw in Dual Wield Weapon Name for my left file. Yes, you do HAVE to have "_zm" at the end of your dual wield weapon files. This is because the right hand file will always check for the left hand file plus "_zm", and vice versa. Make sure to include both files in the zone source ( I don't know if you have to, but just do it ). If you have any questions, let me know. Also, if you have done dual wield anim's correctly, could you teach me how?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AA191

xSanchez78Make a new bulletweapon, example name: m1911dw_zm. Set the PlayerAnimType to dualwield. Give it all the stats that the right weapon has ( models, animations, etc ). Then make a new dualwieldbulletweapon, example name m1911lh_zm. Set the inventory type to dwlefthand. Make sure the PlayerAnimType is set to dualwield, too. Give it all the stats of the left hand weapons ( left hand model, left hand anims, etc ). For the ammo, you can make different clip sizes, but your stock count HAS to be the same, but if in your first bulletweapon, you set it to clip count relative, meaning the number you put in the MaxAmmo and StartAmmo slot is multiplied by the clip to make the actual ammo amount, you cannot do this for the left hand weapon. You have to enter the actual amount of ammo. So lets say for my dual wield M1911, in the right hand file I put, Clip Size -> 8, Max Ammo -> 10, and it's Clip Count Relative, it will have 80 ammo. For the left hand weapon, you would put 80, because it isn't Clip Count Relative. The ammo amount's have to equal, otherwise the left hand reloading won't work properly. Once you've done all that, go to the first file, and find the Dual Wield Weapon Name setting. In this, you will put the left hand's weapon name WITHOUT "_zm" at the end. So if my left hand is called m1911lh_zm, I will put m1911lh in Dual Wield Weapon Name. In the left hand file, you will do the same for the original file. Since my original file is called m1911dw_zm, I would put m1911dw in Dual Wield Weapon Name for my left file. Yes, you do HAVE to have "_zm" at the end of your dual wield weapon files. This is because the right hand file will always check for the left hand file plus "_zm", and vice versa. Make sure to include both files in the zone source ( I don't know if you have to, but just do it ). If you have any questions, let me know. Also, if you have done dual wield anim's correctly, could you teach me how?

Okay so. Thanks for the help with the APE part of things ;v; <3

It worked and I now have a dual wield deagle! :3 However, the viewmodel is weird. Is it because I used an anim model for the original one gun deagle? When converting the ANIMS, I also used the single model.

ModmeBot:

No dude you obviously have to make a new anim model because it obviously has left hand joints that need to be included in the animation too. The way I did it ( idk if there is a better way but it works ), I took bo3 view hands, drag the right hand model on and parent it to tag_weapon_right, then drag the left hand model on and parent it to tag_weapon_left. Then I made three anim models. One that was all joints like you would normally make an anim model, then I did one only selecting the right arm and right weapon joints, and another only selecting the left arm and left weapon joints. Then all the left hand anims used the left hand anim model, right hand anims use the right hand anim model, and then the rest use the "full" anim model as 3arc calls it.

Also a screenshot of the problem would be nice.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AA191

xSanchez78No dude you obviously have to make a new anim model because it obviously has left hand joints that need to be included in the animation too. The way I did it ( idk if there is a better way but it works ), I took bo3 view hands, drag the right hand model on and parent it to tag_weapon_right, then drag the left hand model on and parent it to tag_weapon_left. Then I made three anim models. One that was all joints like you would normally make an anim model, then I did one only selecting the right arm and right weapon joints, and another only selecting the left arm and left weapon joints. Then all the left hand anims used the left hand anim model, right hand anims use the right hand anim model, and then the rest use the "full" anim model as 3arc calls it.

Also a screenshot of the problem would be nice.

https://gyazo.com/6bcd92e2df945dc5b005aa958bc4a3bc

I made new animmodels. In which the left model is parented to tag_weapon_left and vice versa. However, I only made Left and Right anim models. Not too sure if I need to remake the actual Xanims in the same fashion were left anims are parented to tag_weapon_left

ModmeBot:

Dude no shit what do you think? They animate completely separate, of course you need to make them with left gun parented to tag_weapon_left. Take the T7 conversion rig and drag the right one on parented to tag_weapon_right and left one parented to tag_weapon_left. When you export a "full" anim, just rename j_gun1 to tag_weapon_le and j_gun to tag_weapon and export tag_torso and tag_cambone hierarchy and use the "full" anim model in APE. When exporting right/left ones rename the j_gun1 or j_gun depending on which side you are exporting, then select j_shoulder_le/ri and tag_weapon_left/right and tag_cambone, select hierarchy, then select tag_torso and export, and use the corresponding anim model in APE.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

xSanchez78Dude no shit what do you think?

Don't assume he knows everything, to someone new it is expected for them to be oblivious to the obvious. Sugar gets you more than vinegar.

ModmeBot:

My patience is low, prob why I got banned from UGX :(

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile

xSanchez78My patience is low, prob why I got banned from UGX :(

Then you best be sure to keep it under check, this is community is a place of respect. ;)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DorDur215
So does anyone on here actually know how to port dual wield weapons? Im trying to port the model1887 akimbo but the viewmodel is always fucked up when im done :(

ModmeBot:

DorDur215So does anyone on here actually know how to port dual wield weapons? Im trying to port the model1887 akimbo but the viewmodel is always fucked up when im done :(

Yeah I've ported plenty of dual wield guns and they all work perfectly, but they were from treyarch games. The Model 1887 is from Infinity Ward and they have a weird rig that needs editing and I haven't looked into that yet. I probably will at same point and if I ever figure it out I'll probably post it on this topic.

ModmeBot:

Ok could you at least tell me how you did treyarch dual wields? That would be much appreciated!

ModmeBot:

xSanchez78Take the T7 conversion rig and drag the right one on parented to tag_weapon_right and left one parented to tag_weapon_left. When you export a "full" anim, just rename j_gun1 to tag_weapon_le and j_gun to tag_weapon and export tag_torso and tag_cambone hierarchy and use the "full" anim model in APE. When exporting right/left ones rename the j_gun1 or j_gun depending on which side you are exporting, then select j_shoulder_le/ri and tag_weapon_left/right and tag_cambone, select hierarchy, then select tag_torso and export, and use the corresponding anim model in APE.

It's all explained right here in a comment I already posted.

ModmeBot:

okay I have one more question what exactly do you mean by full animation? All dual wield weapons I have seen only have left/right anims no full ones? Or did I just misunderstand something?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ItalianMilkMan
Im having a lot of trouble with this as well. Would be really helpful if someone could make a video or well detailed written tutorial

ModmeBot:

If anyone can help me sort out this issue, basically, when I go into my map and type /give m1911dw, it will give me two weapons instead of one. A left hand gun and a right hand gun. These are two SEPERATE weapons that I have to switch between. While holding any of the two separate weapons, they both have a left and right ammo count. If I fire the right hand gun, while holding the left hand gun, then switch to the right hand gun, the same amount of ammo that I fired will be missing from the right hand ammo clip, and vice versa. But the Stock ammo is not shared.

Basically how do I make the Stock ammo shared, and have both weapons as one instead of two separate guns that I need to switch between. I followed the steps that were commented before about the settings for the ammo.

ModmeBot:

I think you need to name the ammo and clip names the same and also tick the shared ammo box right above the names

ModmeBot:

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it did not work.

ModmeBot:

DorDur215okay I have one more question what exactly do you mean by full animation? All dual wield weapons I have seen only have left/right anims no full ones? Or did I just misunderstand something?

Ok today I learned that Infinity Ward akimbo animations come in separate rigs and it takes alot of work to do them. I figured it out and I'll probably make a video or something and I'll post it on here.

ModmeBot:

xSanchez78
DorDur215okay I have one more question what exactly do you mean by full animation? All dual wield weapons I have seen only have left/right anims no full ones? Or did I just misunderstand something?

Ok today I learned that Infinity Ward akimbo animations come in separate rigs and it takes alot of work to do them. I figured it out and I'll probably make a video or something and I'll post it on here.

I would love you if you did that It would be much appreciated!

ModmeBot:

ItalianMilkManIf anyone can help me sort out this issue, basically, when I go into my map and type /give m1911dw, it will give me two weapons instead of one. A left hand gun and a right hand gun. These are two SEPERATE weapons that I have to switch between. While holding any of the two separate weapons, they both have a left and right ammo count. If I fire the right hand gun, while holding the left hand gun, then switch to the right hand gun, the same amount of ammo that I fired will be missing from the right hand ammo clip, and vice versa. But the Stock ammo is not shared.

Basically how do I make the Stock ammo shared, and have both weapons as one instead of two separate guns that I need to switch between. I followed the steps that were commented before about the settings for the ammo.

sounds like you didnt set inventory type in the left hand file to dwlefthand

ModmeBot:

xSanchez78
ItalianMilkManIf anyone can help me sort out this issue, basically, when I go into my map and type /give m1911dw, it will give me two weapons instead of one. A left hand gun and a right hand gun. These are two SEPERATE weapons that I have to switch between. While holding any of the two separate weapons, they both have a left and right ammo count. If I fire the right hand gun, while holding the left hand gun, then switch to the right hand gun, the same amount of ammo that I fired will be missing from the right hand ammo clip, and vice versa. But the Stock ammo is not shared.

sounds like you didnt set inventory type in the left hand file to dwlefthand

so what about that IW dual wield tut? Im dying to do some IW dual wields myself pls :(

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Lethal Peelz

When i tried to make dw weapons the right weapon is in the same posistion as the left gun so it looks like its missing but when i reload the right gun a duplicated clip moves on the left gun plz help

ModmeBot:

So these last couple weeks I've actually been experimenting with Infinity Ward akimbo's and I think I have them down pretty much perfectly xD.

I also recently figured out how to convert these on the conversion rig to Black Ops 3 format, so pretty soon I'll be making a tutorial.