Modme Forums

Black Ops 3 Weapon Info (Offsets, and Some Stats)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

ModmeBot:

Thread By: DTZxPorter

Black Ops 3 | Weapon Info

I have rebuilt the Most important weapon info from Black Ops 3 and saved them to weapon-specific files for use when porting.

Note: Asking will you add x / will you rip y will most likely result in you getting a ban from the site.

As usual, for using the dumps i've provided just simply credit me.

You may NOT link to this download elsewhere, you must link directly to this topic: Here

(Updated: 9/22/2017)

Enjoy:

https://mega.nz/#!xY4XUJjQ!BjVywUXjBdmbKJLQ-uKW7CI8u1OuNSKx00X7ZdLF8PE

ModmeBot:

Reply By: elricos

;D, thanks porter

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ElTitoPricus

Epic work :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CraftDAnimations

Thank you. Really appreciate this.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Collie

Awesome work Porter, this is much better than what we had before (nothing). If I may ask, does this mean you've had sucess ripping weaponfiles from Black Ops 3, or did you use another method (you don't need to specify)?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

Collie

Awesome work Porter, this is much better than what we had before (nothing). If I may ask, does this mean you've had sucess ripping weaponfiles from Black Ops 3, or did you use another method (you don't need to specify)?

They were ripped from a weapon file. However there will never be weaponfile ripping.

ModmeBot:

I see, thank you for the answer. So will ripping information from weaponfiles be a feature in the upcoming Wraith 4 or do you plan to keep it private for the time being?

ModmeBot:

I literally uploaded all the weapons, why would ripping be a feature?

ModmeBot:

I was only curious because unless I'm missing something the information posted is extremely barebones at best. Like I said earlier, it's absolutely better than what we had before, and I'm very thankful for any raw data we get about the BO3 weapons, but it's still far from ideal.

There's no information about what type of weapon it is (bulletweapon, projectileweapon, meleeweapon, gasweapon, etc.), no state timers, no fx (What muzzleflash or any other fx it uses), no impact table info, no locational damage multipliers, no movement settings, no ammo information, no miscellaneous information (Like alt mode, melee, reload, and ads options), etc.

Are you saying that what you posted is all you are able to rip from the game at the moment? I appologize in advance if this comes across as rude or arrogant, I know myself just how hard and complicated all this stuff can be, I'm just wondering where this information came from in the game and why there's not more of it. Black ops 3 must use the same weaponfiles as previous games where it was possible to extract weaponfiles from (MW,WaW,MW2,BO,BO2). Actually, just in general I'm curious about why weaponfiles haven't been extracted from all COD games so far, especially since they were extracted from BO2 but not MW3 (Which came out before it). I know in every case excluding BO2 the weaponfiles are extremely simple and easy to access, but then what about BO2? Someone was able to get every single full weaponfile from that game, including DLC weapons.

ModmeBot:

Collie

I was only curious because unless I'm missing something the information posted is extremely barebones at best. Like I said earlier, it's absolutely better than what we had before, and I'm very thankful for any raw data we get about the BO3 weapons, but it's still far from ideal.

There's no information about what type of weapon it is (bulletweapon, projectileweapon, meleeweapon, gasweapon, etc.), no state timers, no fx (What muzzleflash or any other fx it uses), no impact table info, no locational damage multipliers, no movement settings, no ammo information, no miscellaneous information (Like alt mode, melee, reload, and ads options), etc.

Are you saying that what you posted is all you are able to rip from the game at the moment? I appologize in advance if this comes across as rude or arrogant, I know myself just how hard and complicated all this stuff can be, I'm just wondering where this information came from in the game and why there's not more of it. Black ops 3 must use the same weaponfiles as previous games where it was possible to extract weaponfiles from (MW,WaW,MW2,BO,BO2). Actually, just in general I'm curious about why weaponfiles haven't been extracted from all COD games so far, especially since they were extracted from BO2 but not MW3 (Which came out before it). I know in every case excluding BO2 the weaponfiles are extremely simple and easy to access, but then what about BO2? Someone was able to get every single full weaponfile from that game, including DLC weapons.

Weaponfiles aren't in any shape or form (disregarding modtools provided ones) easy to access. There were game LEAKS which allowed us to do that. We haven't had usable leaks in a while. In addition the fact of the matter is if you're too lazy to rebuild a weaponfile using the basic information your mods are going to end up shit anyways.

ModmeBot:

Hey, that's kind of a rude assumption to make. I like using weaponfiles because it's 100% accurate to what the weapon originally was, and while yes you can spend hours upon hours testing and making slight tweaks to what you think might be the correct values (I know a friend who used to do this before he knew about weaponfiles), it'll probably never be exactly what it was with the original gun. The only real vital information are the numaric ones, so I can accept having to do everything else manually, but a lot of that vital information is still missing with this.

And as for accessing weaponfiles, go to literally any example I posted (except for BO2) and open the IWD files using an archiving program and you've got access to the weaponfiles. It really has been that easy for past games. I understand that it's probably a lot harder nowadays to access them, since the COD developers seem to have actually put them somewhere that's properly encoded, but if you're able to access the scripts why not the weaponfiles? It's not my intention to insult or disrespect you in any way porter, I just have been wanting answers to these questions for some time now, and you're the only person I know who is actively working on this stuff. Please don't take this in a bad way, you've done a fantastic job on everything here, if you can't or don't want to answer these questions that's fine. If I'm irritating you with these questions I'll stop.

ModmeBot:

Collie

Hey, that's kind of a rude assumption to make. I like using weaponfiles because it's 100% accurate to what the weapon originally was, and while yes you can spend hours upon hours testing and making slight tweaks to what you think might be the correct values (I know a friend who used to do this before he knew about weaponfiles), it'll probably never be exactly what it was with the original gun. The only real vital information are the numaric ones, so I can accept having to do everything else manually, but a lot of that vital information is still missing with this.

And as for accessing weaponfiles, go to literally any example I posted (except for BO2) and open the IWD files using an archiving program and you've got access to the weaponfiles. It really has been that easy for past games. I understand that it's probably a lot harder nowadays to access them, since the COD developers seem to have actually put them somewhere that's properly encoded, but if you're able to access the scripts why not the weaponfiles? It's not my intention to insult or disrespect you in any way porter, I just have been wanting answers to these questions for some time now, and you're the only person I know who is actively working on this stuff. Please don't take this in a bad way, you've done a fantastic job on everything here, if you can't or don't want to answer these questions that's fine. If I'm irritating you with these questions I'll stop.

It just irratates me when people just don't understand the complications (If I say it's not happening, it's either going to take an irrational amount of time, or it's not possible). Weaponfiles after the original copy-paste engines are not text. It's a random structure that we only know for some games due to leaks. Scripts as well aren't text anymore and haven't been for years. The only reason why Black Ops 2 scripts are even available was because of a leak. Call of duty may look like a copy and paste game, because at the heart it is, but things change every year.

ModmeBot:

Of course, I'm not trying to suggest it is copy-paste. I have a vague idea of how the file structure works, and I know that things aren't stored plain-text anymore. From what you're telling me, I can take a gamble that the weaponfiles either a) have a different encryption to the scripts in BO3 and that's why they cannot be ripped right now or b) the BO3 script ripping support that's being added with Wraith 4 was leaked like the BO2 scripts in some way.

That's something else too, what do you mean by "leak"? Do you mean like something that was revealed anonymously by one of the devs or someone on the team at IW/3arc?

Also, what I meant when I said it had to be the same was just the raw structure of the file before it's built into the game. All that stuff, scripts, weaponfiles, they all start out as text when they're created as you know, so that's just what I meant. If I'm not mistaken, the files used for this stuff are in the most basic way archives that need a special password to open and read, yeah? Otherwise you'd just get gibberish. The engine knows this password, but that itself requires an even different password. At least, that's always been my (very) basic understanding of it.

Once again, seriously thank you for the work you've done, and thank you for being patient with me. I'm still learning a lot of this stuff, and I've really barely scratched the surface of it all.

ModmeBot:

*Updated with new shiz*

ModmeBot:

Once again, thank you for your hard work porter!