Modme Forums

What’s the image name for the DPAD HUD?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

ModmeBot:

Thread By: The Black Death

I want to change the image for the DPAD on the HUD to something custom. I've seen this be done in the Mob of the Dead bridge map, so what's the image name for this? Thanks.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

It's made up of multiple images. Just use wraith, go into any ombies game, load the game in wraith and search dpad (Make sure you have the show images setting checked in wraith's settings). You can then go through them all and get everything you need.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

AGC

It's made up of multiple images. Just use wraith, go into any ombies game, load the game in wraith and search dpad (Make sure you have the show images setting checked in wraith's settings). You can then go through them all and get everything you need.

Interesting. Will have a look. Thanks

ModmeBot:

Alright, so I couldn't find the image file(s) for it in bo3. What I'm looking for is the image alias (or whatever it's called) that I put into the zone file to override the image (like image,specialty_giant_juggernaut_zombies to override the Juggernog shader). Any ideas?

ModmeBot:

The

Alright, so I couldn't find the image file(s) for it in bo3. What I'm looking for is the image alias (or whatever it's called) that I put into the zone file to override the image (like image,specialty_giant_juggernaut_zombies to override the Juggernog shader). Any ideas?

Yeah that's what I am talking about...If you play a zombies game and use wraith they should be called different things obviously but they all either have dpad or hudin the name at some point...It might be hud instead of dpad, if so that's my bad lol

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

Yeah AGC is right, those names from show ximages in memory are the actual names of the images used for things like the HUD...

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter

Yeah AGC is right, those names from show ximages in memory are the actual names of the images used for things like the HUD...

Exactly. The way I tried doing it before was I used wraith and extraced all the images to get the image names. Then I created a new GDT and in the GDT add new images for each of the HUD images I replace and then just add the text to your zone (The image,hud_image_name thing that you add.) Then compile the map and stuff once you're done and it will change to the new images. :) Sorry if that sounds confusing, I am pretty bad at explaining things xD but I hope you get what I was saying.

ModmeBot:

AGC
The

Yeah that's what I am talking about...If you play a zombies game and use wraith they should be called different things obviously but they all either have dpad or hudin the name at some point...It might be hud instead of dpad, if so that's my bad lol

Oh right, sorry. I loaded up SOE and nothing came up, so I guess it's only for the other maps. Thanks.

ModmeBot:

Since the mod tools load up the Hud imaged from the giant you have to get those names anyway so don't use SOE...you can even load up your custom map, it still works...you just need to do it for a map that has that Hud, so basically every bo3 map besides soe...then search dpad or hud, I can't remember which one it is but it is definitely one of them...make sure in wraith you go to settings and then in the general tab of wraith's setting you check the box that says show ximage files