Modme Forums

How to make Scrolling PaP Camo

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Abnormal202
I was wondering how you make a scrolling camo, like how Dark Matter is. I figured out how to make a material scroll, but I want it to have two layers, one that's scrolling one way, and one thats scrolling the other, or not scrolling at all. I'm also not sure how you implement it as the Pack-A-Punch camo in game.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
So I found this video:

However, the method for actually replacing the pap camo with the one you make is really long and confusing, and you have to do it for each weapon. I'm pretty sure there is another way though, even if it involves overriding another camo (for example Dark Matter). I just don't know what it is.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

Abnormal202
So I found this video: However, the method for actually replacing the pap camo with the one you make is really long and confusing, and you have to do it for each weapon. I'm pretty sure there is another way though, even if it involves overriding another camo (for example Dark Matter). I just don't know what it is.

Nope. That's the only known way. + It also means that if you want a custom pap camo you've gotta use no built-in mod tools weapons or you have to override the xmodels of the mod tool weapons in your map.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZoekMeMaar

Abnormal202
So I found this video: However, the method for actually replacing the pap camo with the one you make is really long and confusing, and you have to do it for each weapon. I'm pretty sure there is another way though, even if it involves overriding another camo (for example Dark Matter). I just don't know what it is.

If you wanna be fast you could delete the base64 file on the upgraded variant and just do a override on the vm_weapon xmodel