Modme Forums

how to edit guns ammo count, pap name, damage, etc.

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

ModmeBot:

Thread By: rossdaboss
sorry if this is a dumb question I've spent most of my time mapping and not a lot of time in APE. Anyways where can i go to edit a weapons ammo count, damage, pap name, and stuff like that?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

rossdaboss
sorry if this is a dumb question I've spent most of my time mapping and not a lot of time in APE. Anyways where can i go to edit a weapons ammo count, damage, pap name, and stuff like that?

Weaponfile.
Weapons are normally called type_name_zm.
type = the type of weapon, e.g. smg, ar, shotgun, sniper, pistol etc etc.
name = the code name for the weapon, e.g. the LV8 Basilisk is pulse.

Note that you cannot edit the weaponfiles for the stock mod tools weapons.

Inside the weaponfile, find:
for Damage, look for Damage Ranges category.
for Ammo, look for Ammunition category.
for Name, look for Misc category.
etc etc.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Jdcobra

The Black Death
rossdaboss sorry if this is a dumb question I've spent most of my time mapping and not a lot of time in APE. Anyways where can i go to edit a weapons ammo count, damage, pap name, and stuff like that? Weaponfile. Weapons are normally called type_name_zm. type = the type of weapon, e.g. smg, ar, shotgun, sniper, pistol etc etc. name = the code name for the weapon, e.g. the LV8 Basilisk is pulse. Note that you cannot edit the weaponfiles for the stock mod tools weapons. Inside the weaponfile, find: for Damage, look for Damage Ranges category. for Ammo, look for Ammunition category. for Name, look for Misc category. etc etc.

While that is true many people don't set up the gun names like that, for example I have mine set up based on the game (for example, my HLX4 is "bo3_hlx" and my XPR is "bo2_xpr" and so on". So it's best to find the GDT's of custom weapons and find the weapon files there

ModmeBot:

Reply By: rossdaboss

The Black Death
rossdaboss sorry if this is a dumb question I've spent most of my time mapping and not a lot of time in APE. Anyways where can i go to edit a weapons ammo count, damage, pap name, and stuff like that? Weaponfile. Weapons are normally called type_name_zm. type = the type of weapon, e.g. smg, ar, shotgun, sniper, pistol etc etc. name = the code name for the weapon, e.g. the LV8 Basilisk is pulse. Note that you cannot edit the weaponfiles for the stock mod tools weapons. Inside the weaponfile, find: for Damage, look for Damage Ranges category. for Ammo, look for Ammunition category. for Name, look for Misc category. etc etc.

that helped. thanks!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

Jdcobra
The Black Death rossdaboss sorry if this is a dumb question I've spent most of my time mapping and not a lot of time in APE. Anyways where can i go to edit a weapons ammo count, damage, pap name, and stuff like that? Weaponfile. Weapons are normally called type_name_zm. type = the type of weapon, e.g. smg, ar, shotgun, sniper, pistol etc etc. name = the code name for the weapon, e.g. the LV8 Basilisk is pulse. Note that you cannot edit the weaponfiles for the stock mod tools weapons. Inside the weaponfile, find: for Damage, look for Damage Ranges category. for Ammo, look for Ammunition category. for Name, look for Misc category. etc etc. While that is true many people don't set up the gun names like that, for example I have mine set up based on the game (for example, my HLX4 is "bo3_hlx" and my XPR is "bo2_xpr" and so on". So it's best to find the GDT's of custom weapons and find the weapon files there

Fair enough - but imo for organisation's sake because T7 uses classname_codename in it's stock set of weapons it should ideally be followed for custom guns