Modme Forums

APE looks for model in the wrong directory

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ProbablyTrue
Hello, I've been trying to import models from MWR and Cod Ghosts but everytime I get on APE and try to click on an imported model it shows this error:

The problem is, APE is looking for my models and their textures in:

F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export[COLOR=#ff00ff]modern_warfare_rm\xmodels\btr_hookah_01_purple[/COLOR]

but that directory doesn't even exist. I don't have a "modern_warfare_rm" folder. It should be looking for them in:

F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export[COLOR=#00ffff]imported_models\btr_hookah_01_purple[/COLOR]

I know that the imported_models folder is in the correct place, so how could I make it so APE searches for these models in that folder?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

ProbablyTrue
Hello, I've been trying to import models from MWR and Cod Ghosts but everytime I get on APE and try to click on an imported model it shows this error: The problem is, APE is looking for my models and their textures in: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export\modern_warfare_rm\xmodels\btr_hookah_01_purple but that directory doesn't even exist. I don't have a "modern_warfare_rm" folder. It should be looking for them in: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export\imported_models\btr_hookah_01_purple I know that the imported_models folder is in the correct place, so how could I make it so APE searches for these models in that folder?

Assuming you're using Wraith's GDT, then it's looking for "modern_warfare_rm\...." because that's where Wraith exports MWR assets to and that's where it sets the GDTs to look for, if you (as you have) edited that path, then you need to update each xmodel's file path:

Alternatively you can do a Find/Replace on the GDTs with a text editor or some program with that functionality.