Modme Forums

Mech layer gun sounds effects from mw3

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Asset Importing

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Nelonn
The thing is when you export gun fire sounds they miss this random "metal-clanking" effect, but i do not know how to setup them in the way they supposed to mean.
I got the files, they locate at mw3\.FF Files\weapons\mechanism (thanks to master131 for mw3 .ff files)
So the question is how to correctly apply these metal gun sound effects in APE ?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Collie
It's actually really easy to do. You just need to chain the mech layer off of the fire sound in your sound alias. Here is an example of the MP5k from MW2, where I set the mech layer (which I call the "act") to play at the same time the fire sound is played:

mp2k_fire_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mp5_slst_6m3.wav,,,GUN_FIRE_PLR_MW,,mp2k_act_plr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mp2k_act_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mech_layer_c2.wav,,,GUN_ACT_PLR,,ring_plr_smg_f,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Nelonn

Collie
It's actually really easy to do. You just need to chain the mech layer off of the fire sound in your sound alias. Here is an example of the MP5k from MW2, where I set the mech layer (which I call the "act") to play at the same time the fire sound is played: mp2k_fire_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mp5_slst_6m3.wav,,,GUN_FIRE_PLR_MW,,mp2k_act_plr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mp2k_act_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mech_layer_c2.wav,,,GUN_ACT_PLR,,ring_plr_smg_f,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks a lot for reply, but i do not quite understand how to even modify your lines to get it work. There is actually at least 10 of these effects.

How do i create another 2-4 layers, and does it have to do anything with APE ?

Here is the line for example of actual fire sound
fad_fire,,,weapons\fad\weap_fad_slst_1.wav,,,WPN_SHOT_PLR,,wpn_fire_ring_f,,,BUS_FX,,,wpn_cmn_shot_plr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2d,,,NONLOOPING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks anyway !

EDIT: Maybe it has to do something with your templates

ModmeBot:

It has nothing to do with APE, and yes, I use a custom template. When the game calls an alias, it checks to see if any other aliases are filled out in the "SecondaryAlias" column. So, using this, you can chain up to nine (?) different aliases off of just one alias. This would allow you to play these other mech layers when the player fires their weapon. Keep in mind that you can only put one alias per "SecondaryAlias" column.

ModmeBot:

Oh it works now, thanks for explaining. I tried to add 2 layers but they play at the same time.
But there is a problem - in MW3 mech layers are randomized when gun is fired (same FAD has 3-4 layers played randomly, but they never overlap each other)
Do you know by a chance how to do it ?

EDIT: Found the solution, i had to adjust probability setting from 0 to 1 in the sound allias

ModmeBot:

There's actually a better way to randomize the mech layers than using probability. If you name an alias the same as another, the engine will randomly play one of the aliases. For example,

mp2k_fire_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mp5_slst_6m3.wav,,,GUN_FIRE_PLR_MW,,mp2k_mech_plr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mp2k_mech_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mech_layer_c2.wav,,,GUN_ACT_PLR,,ring_plr_smg_f,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mp2k_mech_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mech_layer_c3.wav,,,GUN_ACT_PLR,,ring_plr_smg_f,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mp2k_mech_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mech_layer_c4.wav,,,GUN_ACT_PLR,,ring_plr_smg_f,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
So you can see that each line called "mp2k_mech_plr" has a different sound file. When "mp2k_fire_plr" is played, it will randomly pick one of the three "mp2k_mech_plr" aliases.

By the way, where did you get the sound aliases for MW3? If it's not a bother, they would be quite useful to me as reference material.

ModmeBot:

Collie
There's actually a better way to randomize the mech layers than using probability. If you name an alias the same as another, the engine will randomly play one of the aliases. For example, mp2k_fire_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mp5_slst_6m3.wav,,,GUN_FIRE_PLR_MW,,mp2k_mech_plr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mp2k_mech_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mech_layer_c2.wav,,,GUN_ACT_PLR,,ring_plr_smg_f,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mp2k_mech_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mech_layer_c3.wav,,,GUN_ACT_PLR,,ring_plr_smg_f,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mp2k_mech_plr,,,Collie\mp5k_mw2\fire\weap_mech_layer_c4.wav,,,GUN_ACT_PLR,,ring_plr_smg_f,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, So you can see that each line called "mp2k_mech_plr" has a different sound file. When "mp2k_fire_plr" is played, it will randomly pick one of the three "mp2k_mech_plr" aliases. By the way, where did you get the sound aliases for MW3? If it's not a bother, they would be quite useful to me as reference material.

Much appreciated once again, about sound aliases.. Hmm well, i just used jbird623's aliases template to create lines, no actual mw3 files unfortunately. Here is the video if it does interest you, you can find alises/templates links under the video description.