Modme Forums

My mag does not move when my character reloads

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ItalianMilkMan
when my character reloads in black ops 3, the magazine in my gun does not move at all. How do I make it so the character actually moves the magazine? Also same thing with the rail on the side of the gun.

http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/black_ops_3/guides/weapon_porting/

Following the tutorial from the link above, I just re-did all of the following steps (from the linked tutorial)

Preparing the models

Exporting the model

Compiling the model in APE

Converting animations from older games (I only re-did the reload animations)

Compiling the animations in APE.

In these steps I also binded the mag and set everything up properly, but I still get the same issue. My character does not move the magazine in my M14 when reloading.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: RealCanadianPro
So you binded the mag and the gun separately? I just want to know exactly what you did so I can help :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ItalianMilkMan

RealCanadianProSo you binded the mag and the gun separately? I just want to know exactly what you did so I can help :)

Hey, I actually watched your video when I ported the m14, the 1 hour long video where you do the mouser :D I decided to refer to that written tutorial that I linked because I thought it would be easier to describe what I was doing.

I binded the mag seperatly to the gun, then dragged the binded mag onto the gun, just like how you do it with the scarh

ModmeBot:

Reply By: RealCanadianPro

ItalianMilkMan
RealCanadianProSo you binded the mag and the gun separately? I just want to know exactly what you did so I can help :)

Hey, I actually watched your video when I ported the m14, the 1 hour long video where you do the mouser :D I decided to refer to that written tutorial that I linked because I thought it would be easier to describe what I was doing.

I binded the mag seperatly to the gun, then dragged the binded mag onto the gun, just like how you do it with the scarh

what is your discord if you have one, I could help you out on there! :)

ModmeBot:

RealCanadianPro
ItalianMilkMan

what is your discord if you have one, I could help you out on there! :)

My discord is ItalianMilkMan

I literately just made it so i'm not sure if I was supposed to give you any extra information, thank you!

EDIT: I think im supposed to give you a #, here it is: #6773

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ADDE
Getting the same problem with the MP5, did you fix it?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

ADDEGetting the same problem with the MP5, did you fix it?

Move the tag_clip on your own and see if the mag goes with it, if so, remove the namespaces from tag_clip.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter

Move the tag_clip on your own and see if the mag goes with it, if so, remove the namespaces from tag_clip.

I don't understand what do you mean?

ModmeBot:

I did manage to fix everything. I found out that the issue was the anim files that I was using.

// Mod edit you cannot solicit other tools on this site, seanims work 100% and are always better than tanims. Not knowing how to use maya is a different story.

If you run into any more trouble, just let me know here! :)

ModmeBot:

ItalianMilkMan

I did manage to fix everything. I found out that the issue was the anim files that I was using.

// Mod edit you cannot solicit other tools on this site, seanims work 100% and are always better than tanims. Not knowing how to use maya is a different story.

I'm using wraith and seanims and re did everything but still there is a problem :(

ModmeBot:

ADDE
ItalianMilkMan

I'm using wraith and seanims and re did everything but still there is a problem :(

Expand All of the joints of the gun and show me the tags in a screenshot. Also are you using a conversion rig or a stock one?

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
ADDE
ItalianMilkMan

Expand All of the joints of the gun and show me the tags in a screenshot. Also are you using a conversion rig or a stock one?

https://gyazo.com/88939b8d9b6ea82cf23076a599a9f4a5

I am using a rig, when i preview it in maya the mag moves

ModmeBot:

ADDE
DTZxPorter
ADDE
ItalianMilkMan

So it WORKS in maya, not in-game

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
ADDE
DTZxPorter
ADDE
ItalianMilkMan

So it WORKS in maya, not in-game

Yes

ModmeBot:

Ahh, this is a separate issue, unrealated to the anim import. This could be due to several things such as your export tag names, can you provide the top part (bones) of your xmodel export? also the top part of one of the xanims.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorterAhh, this is a separate issue, unrealated to the anim import. This could be due to several things such as your export tag names, can you provide the top part (bones) of your xmodel export? also the top part of one of the xanims.

You mean this? (xmodel)

https://gyazo.com/1a9310fbc97bacfaadb4edad631f038c

(xanim reload)

https://gyazo.com/0b71300b379e032d84e0360a837d4c60

ModmeBot:

ADDE
DTZxPorterAhh, this is a separate issue, unrealated to the anim import. This could be due to several things such as your export tag names, can you provide the top part (bones) of your xmodel export? also the top part of one of the xanims.

You mean this? (xmodel)

(xanim reload)

Yeah send over the full parts list in the anim but it looks like maybe the weights could be getting messed up on export if it's not moving at all...

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
ADDE

You mean this? (xmodel)

(xanim reload)

Yeah send over the full parts list in the anim but it looks like maybe the weights could be getting messed up on export if it's not moving at all...

ANIMATION
VERSION 3
NUMPARTS 121
PART 0 "tag_torso"
PART 1 "j_shoulder_le"
PART 2 "j_shoulder_ri"
PART 3 "tag_weapon_left"
PART 4 "tag_weapon_right"
PART 5 "j_elbow_le"
PART 6 "j_elbow_ri"
PART 7 "tag_weapon"
PART 8 "j_elbow_bulge_le"
PART 9 "j_sleeve1_01_le"
PART 10 "j_sleeve1_02_le"
PART 11 "j_sleeve1_03_le"
PART 12 "j_sleeve1_04_le"
PART 13 "j_sleeve1_05_le"
PART 14 "j_sleeve1_06_le"
PART 15 "j_sleeve2_01_le"
PART 16 "j_sleeve2_02_le"
PART 17 "j_sleeve2_03_le"
PART 18 "j_sleeve2_04_le"
PART 19 "j_sleeve2_05_le"
PART 20 "j_sleeve2_06_le"
PART 21 "j_sleeve3_01_le"
PART 22 "j_sleeve3_02_le"
PART 23 "j_sleeve3_03_le"
PART 24 "j_sleeve3_04_le"
PART 25 "j_sleeve3_05_le"
PART 26 "j_sleeve3_06_le"
PART 27 "j_wrist_le"
PART 28 "j_wristtwist1_le"
PART 29 "j_wristtwist2_le"
PART 30 "j_wristtwist3_le"
PART 31 "j_wristtwist4_le"
PART 32 "j_wristtwist5_le"
PART 33 "j_wristtwist6_le"
PART 34 "j_wristtwist_le"
PART 35 "j_elbow_bulge_ri"
PART 36 "j_sleeve1_01_ri"
PART 37 "j_sleeve1_02_ri"
PART 38 "j_sleeve1_03_ri"
PART 39 "j_sleeve1_04_ri"
PART 40 "j_sleeve1_05_ri"
PART 41 "j_sleeve1_06_ri"
PART 42 "j_sleeve2_01_ri"
PART 43 "j_sleeve2_02_ri"
PART 44 "j_sleeve2_03_ri"
PART 45 "j_sleeve2_04_ri"
PART 46 "j_sleeve2_05_ri"
PART 47 "j_sleeve2_06_ri"
PART 48 "j_sleeve3_01_ri"
PART 49 "j_sleeve3_02_ri"
PART 50 "j_sleeve3_03_ri"
PART 51 "j_sleeve3_04_ri"
PART 52 "j_sleeve3_05_ri"
PART 53 "j_sleeve3_06_ri"
PART 54 "j_wrist_ri"
PART 55 "j_wristtwist1_ri"
PART 56 "j_wristtwist2_ri"
PART 57 "j_wristtwist3_ri"
PART 58 "j_wristtwist4_ri"
PART 59 "j_wristtwist5_ri"
PART 60 "j_wristtwist6_ri"
PART 61 "j_wristtwist_ri"
PART 62 "j_bolt"
PART 63 "j_mag_release"
PART 64 "tag_brass"
PART 65 "tag_flash"
PART 66 "tag_handguard"
PART 67 "tag_rail"
PART 68 "tag_sights"
PART 69 "tag_silencer"
PART 70 "tag_stock_off"
PART 71 "tag_stock_on"
PART 72 "clip"
PART 73 "j_indexbase_le"
PART 74 "j_mid_le_1"
PART 75 "j_pinkybase_le"
PART 76 "j_ringbase_le"
PART 77 "j_thumb_le_1"
PART 78 "j_wristcrease2_le"
PART 79 "j_wristcrease_le"
PART 80 "j_indexbase_ri"
PART 81 "j_mid_ri_1"
PART 82 "j_pinkybase_ri"
PART 83 "j_ringbase_ri"
PART 84 "j_thumb_ri_1"
PART 85 "j_wristcrease2_ri"
PART 86 "j_wristcrease_ri"
PART 87 "tag_bullet"
PART 88 "j_index_le_1"
PART 89 "j_indexretract_le"
PART 90 "j_mid_le_2"
PART 91 "j_pinky_le_1"
PART 92 "j_ring_le_1"
PART 93 "j_thumb_le_2"
PART 94 "j_index_ri_1"
PART 95 "j_indexretract_ri"
PART 96 "j_mid_ri_2"
PART 97 "j_pinky_ri_1"
PART 98 "j_ring_ri_1"
PART 99 "j_thumb_ri_2"
PART 100 "j_index_le_2"
PART 101 "j_mid_le_3"
PART 102 "j_pinky_le_2"
PART 103 "j_ring_le_2"
PART 104 "j_thumb_le_3"
PART 105 "j_index_ri_2"
PART 106 "j_mid_ri_3"
PART 107 "j_pinky_ri_2"
PART 108 "j_ring_ri_2"
PART 109 "j_thumb_ri_3"
PART 110 "j_index_le_3"
PART 111 "j_pinky_le_3"
PART 112 "j_ring_le_3"
PART 113 "j_index_ri_3"
PART 114 "j_pinky_ri_3"
PART 115 "j_ring_ri_3"
PART 116 "tag_cambone"
PART 117 "tag_camera"
PART 118 "tag_fill_light"
PART 119 "tag_flashlight"
PART 120 "tag_gasmask"

//Mod edit: code tags please

ModmeBot:

Actually looks like the anim exports are messed up, the clip tag is only being called "clip" in your export, it's supposed to be tag_clip. Not sure why it's breaking on export. Might be like that in scene when exporting, double check, thats why it's not moving though.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorterActually looks like the anim exports are messed up, the clip tag is only being called "clip" in your export, it's supposed to be tag_clip. Not sure why it's breaking on export. Might be like that in scene when exporting, double check, thats why it's not moving though.

oh that was probobly just me messing around, i remember renaming some things

ModmeBot:

ADDE
DTZxPorterActually looks like the anim exports are messed up, the clip tag is only being called "clip" in your export, it's supposed to be tag_clip. Not sure why it's breaking on export. Might be like that in scene when exporting, double check, thats why it's not moving though.

If you definitely have them both the same, then it's possible the weights are breaking on export, this is hard to debug...

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
ADDE

If you definitely have them both the same, then it's possible the weights are breaking on export, this is hard to debug...

I'm gonna try exporting from bo2 again with wraith, btw thanks for all help :D

ModmeBot:

ADDE
DTZxPorter
ADDE

I'm gonna try exporting from bo2 again with wraith, btw thanks for all help :D

Np , yeah I don't believe it's the exporter files since it's working in maya. Could be a lot of things, hope you get it working.