Modme Forums

Wraith export Bo3 models with black and white texture

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: LowQualityVodka
When I export a model from Bo3 the texture appears black and white and I don't why 'cause with Bo2, Bo1 and IW works perfectly.
I've already tried to reinstall wraith but nothing is changed
Someone have this problem or it's just me?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

LowQualityVodka
When I export a model from Bo3 the texture appears black and white and I don't why 'cause with Bo2, Bo1 and IW works perfectly.I've already tried to reinstall wraith but nothing is changedSomeone have this problem or it's just me?

First off you need to be way more specific, what model... What level...

Second the following may help:
<ul><li>All MP models are black and white, those are the base textures</li>
<li>Their skins are applied dynamically, and must be found in the XPAKs via loadfile (even the default skin)</li>
<li>BO3 uses new texture formats (for DDS export) and requires updated plugins (first FAQ)</li>
<li>See FAQ: http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/apps/wraith/knowledgebase/</li>
</ul>

ModmeBot:

Reply By: LowQualityVodka
In detail is the gondola console from Der Eisendrache and the corruption engine from Revelation.
From what you wrote I could recover the texture from the XPAK file and re-texture the models in APE editor right?

ModmeBot:

LowQualityVodka
In detail is the gondola console from Der Eisendrache and the corruption engine from Revelation. From what you wrote I could recover the texture from the XPAK file and re-texture the models in APE editor right?

You can find the textures there or post the full name of the model so I'm not exporting every single one so I can show you what you did wrong.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: LowQualityVodka
<ul><li>p7_zm_ctl_gondola_console (on D.E.)</li>
<li>p7_zm_gen_apoth_corpt_engine_tower_bottom_01 (on REV.)</li>
</ul>

ModmeBot:

So this is a separate thing, anything that is metal (or very shiny) in BO3 uses a PBR workflow, in which all metal is represented differently (Mostly black or white depending on the shininess) There are some professional tools which can convert them however it's no easy task. (See the t7_metal_painted image) We don't have a tutorial for this as it's very complex and expect you understand the workflow on your own.