Modme Forums

How do I share Models?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: MRFREAKYBWOY
Hi all,

First post on this excellent website and wondering if one of you gurus could let me know how I can share a model I created with Maya/APE with my friends?

So, I've I downloaded a model of a vehicle and imported into Maya, done the usual things, exported and opened in APE. After doing all the APE bits n pieces I can successfully use the new vehicle model in my maps, however, I would like to send this model to one of my friends so they can just import it into radiant and drag and drop from Models to their map.

What is the process for sharing models that I have created? I just can't seem to understand which files etc I need to share with him.

Thanks in advance!

Happy mapping.....!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
Many ways of doing thiz. I recommend you ZIP up the file, and upload it to Mega or any similar site for them to download from. Sites like justBeamIt is also an option for a more direct transfer of files.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Syphyde

MRFREAKYBWOY
Hi all, First post on this excellent website and wondering if one of you gurus could let me know how I can share a model I created with Maya/APE with my friends? So, I've I downloaded a model of a vehicle and imported into Maya, done the usual things, exported and opened in APE. After doing all the APE bits n pieces I can successfully use the new vehicle model in my maps, however, I would like to send this model to one of my friends so they can just import it into radiant and drag and drop from Models to their map. What is the process for sharing models that I have created? I just can't seem to understand which files etc I need to share with him. Thanks in advance! Happy mapping.....!

Hi, can you explain to me privately how to install a model? :D