Modme Forums

Problem with Azsry’s Animation Kit

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: OK_MATE
So this issue has been annoying me for a while now I thought it's be a good idea to see if someone here knows how to sort it.

Whenever I drag Azsry's setupArmRig.mel, or the newer one (setupArmRig_h1.mel), the wrists on the idle animation get bejaysused to fuck. I'm using Collie's latest version of the conversion rig, mind you this still happened with the older version too, and I have tested this with multiple models and animations. It doesn't seem to matter what game they're from either (IW/Treyarch).

This is what it looks like:

Sometimes only one of the wrists get messed up, with the other being less than usual. I think I've got the animation rig on once without any distortion but I have no idea what I did. Maybe there's a fix for this or a better kit that does the same thing.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas on how to sort this, it's just really frustrating and I'd love to just get animating like.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Collie
It's because the wrists are rotated to really high negative/positive values. Since wrist-twist for the whole arm is based off of what the X-axis rotational value is for the wrist, just rotate the wrist closer to zero until the wrist twist un-fucks itself. You may want to constrain the wrist to something so that the fingers positions are not affected.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: OK_MATE

Collie
It's because the wrists are rotated to really high negative/positive values. Since wrist-twist for the whole arm is based off of what the X-axis rotational value is for the wrist, just rotate the wrist closer to zero until the wrist twist un-fucks itself. You may want to constrain the wrist to something so that the fingers positions are not affected.

I see what you mean, I managed to untwist the arm/sleeve just like you said but the fingers are all over the place. How to I set up the constraint to stop them doing that? Sorry, I'm not that familiar with this type of maya stuff.