Modme Forums

How do I set up extended mags for a gun the proper way?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: The Black Death
I'm fully aware that I can replace the magazine in Maya, but this is less efficient and uses more resources. So, via APE, how do I successfully setup an extended mags attachment for my pack a punched weapon? Additionally, the weapon in question is the AN-94, which has another magazine in the model. Both of these need to be extended mags.

Any ideas?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

The Black Death
I'm fully aware that I can replace the magazine in Maya, but this is less efficient and uses more resources. So, via APE, how do I successfully setup an extended mags attachment for my pack a punched weapon? Additionally, the weapon in question is the AN-94, which has another magazine in the model. Both of these need to be extended mags. Any ideas?

Please note I do have the extended mags model in APE - also noteworthy is that setting this attachment as the clip model in the weaponfile doesn't seem to work due to it not being tag_clip.

ModmeBot:

Okay, using some hide tags sourcery, I've gotten the clip used to animate on the viewmodel to be replaced with the ext mag. However, I still do not have a solution to get my extended mag working as a replacement to the standard clip. Any ideas?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter
They are AttachmentUnique assets. However their is no documentation for them.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
They are AttachmentUnique assets. However their is no documentation for them.

Ah okay, thanks - I think I'll just have to use another model which has the tag tag_clip alongside the one that's replacing the clip for the reload anim on the viewmodel