Modme Forums

Porting BO3 Weapons

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Wild
Is there a good tutorial out there that shows the process of porting BO3 weapons that are not given to us with the tools? I'm a bit afraid to just go in and try different things since I am still learning Maya and I also haven't really messed with porting weapons too much. I would much rather get a confirmation on what is different between porting BO3 weapons and weapons from other CoD games. So yeah, that's my question. What's different when porting BO3's weapons into custom maps. Is everything the same, I just don't have to convert the animations? What's the process for weapons that re already in BO3? I'd just rather be sure of what I need to do instead of blindly going in and either having it not work or I just simply waste time by doing things that I don't need to do. I hope that makes sense. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Unrankedgaming

AGC
Is there a good tutorial out there that shows the process of porting BO3 weapons that are not given to us with the tools? I'm a bit afraid to just go in and try different things since I am still learning Maya and I also haven't really messed with porting weapons too much. I would much rather get a confirmation on what is different between porting BO3 weapons and weapons from other CoD games. So yeah, that's my question. What's different when porting BO3's weapons into custom maps. Is everything the same, I just don't have to convert the animations? What's the process for weapons that re already in BO3? I'd just rather be sure of what I need to do instead of blindly going in and either having it not work or I just simply waste time by doing things that I don't need to do. I hope that makes sense. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

i would love to know this

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter
It's identical to porting a weapon from older Treyarch style games. The only big difference is that you need to rip a pair of viewhands from Black Ops 3 for use as a rig instead of a converison rig. Just rip a zombie players viewhands.