Modme Forums

Custom Models are transparent

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: TheRealHealz
So I'm working with some custom models to do a map, the problem is that some of them are fine, but others have like 1 side transparent and the other is fine, but in Maya it works perfectly. I wouldn't really car but that would be if the ones inside the map were visible, but they aren't, do I have to just scrap my idea, or is there some way to fix this?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
Have you actually checked the material entries in APE?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TheRealHealz

Exofile
Have you actually checked the material entries in APE?

What do you mean? I looked at the model without adding the materials added and they were transparent inside but not outside, (its a room btw) and I've done the same when I add the materials.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile

TheRealHealz
What do you mean? I looked at the model without adding the materials added and they were transparent inside but not outside, (its a room btw) and I've done the same when I add the materials.

I'm referring to whether your materials have been set to display Alpha or not. On another note, you're certain the inside actually has faces?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TheRealHealz

Exofile
TheRealHealz What do you mean? I looked at the model without adding the materials added and they were transparent inside but not outside, (its a room btw) and I've done the same when I add the materials. I'm referring to whether your materials have been set to display Alpha or not. On another note, you're certain the inside actually has faces?

Not even going to lie, I'm pretty new to this. I just started using Maya about a week ago, but everything looks fine in Maya, but I'll look into it and see if that is it.